Right now I have enough things stored away in the cupboard to make a few appealing things . . . for a few days. But by Monday or Tuesday we will be eating barley, stewed tomatoes and baked french fries for dinner . . . I may have a mutiny on my hands.
I bought the ingredients for today's recipe for Christmas dinner, but I ended up with so many other sweets I decided not to make it. So my trusty assistant and I drug out the ingredients on our day at home together to make this delicious recipe:
Here's what you need:
~1 egg and 3 egg whites (This is my lame attempt at keeping it healthy . . . you can use 3 whole eggs.)
~3/4 c. of sugar
~1 c. of skim milk
~1 large can of pumpkin
~1 package of yellow cake mix
~1 stick of melted margarine
~1 tsp. of cinnamon
~1/8 tsp. of ginger
~1/8 tsp. of cloves
~1/4 tsp. of salt
~1/2 cup of chopped pecans
~a trusty assistant in her best Christmas Eve dress
Here's what you do:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
2) Beat eggs lightly with a fork. Then add sugar, milk and pumpkin and mix again.
3) Throw in cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt and stir together.
4) Pour mixture into 9 x 13 pan.
5) Spread cake mix out over pumpkin mixture.
6) Drizzle melted butter over the top of cake mix.
7) Bake for 40 minutes.
8) Pull out and sprinkle pecans on top. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
9) Drop on some whipped cream and enjoy sans shirt . . . well, you might want to keep your shirt on!