Tops ten best things about moving
10. Listening to my husband laugh hysterically as he reads my old high school yearbooks found in a box in the basement.
9. I found sheets and towels I didn't even know I had in the back of the linen closet.
8. I may come up with the best cookbook ever called Cooking with Random Ingredients Left in Your Cupboards Before You Move . . . that title may be a bit cumbersome. The cookbook will include a recipe that uses Progresso Soup, whole wheat noodles, frozen peas, chopped olives, canned mushrooms and American cheese slices. (Yep, we had that for dinner tonight and my husband actually like it.)
7. The junk drawer FINALLY gets cleaned out.
6. Moving gives a big boost to the plastic garbage bag market . . . you know, after making thirty some trips to our local donation center with a van filled to the brim with garbage bags stuffed with clothes, toys, towels, sheets, etc.
5. Those size 6 jeans from my pre-baby days FINALLY get purged from my drawer. No more guilt for not willing my hips to shrink back into the pre-labor and delivery days.
4. I finally had to admit that I don't NEED eight mixing bowls.
3. The Lazyboy chairs in my husband's "man cave" had to be sold because they won't fit in the new house.
2. Purging, sorting, walking up and down the stairs carrying heavy stuff hundreds of times a day is a great workout.
1. Moving makes me never want to move again.
What would you add to the list?
Craft on . . . because I'm not getting any crafing on!