Tuesday, February 16, 2010

and the gold medal goes to...

Okay, so there are no medals given out for amateur sewing accomplishments but having watched the pairs figuring skating competition last night I'm in the medal mood.   I'm a realist.  If there happened to be a medal competition for amateur sewing, I probably wouldn't win by the judges' standards.  But I am celebrating success tonight after much "failure" with my little Molly Monkey.  She is not completely finished, so I would probably lose marks for that - maybe a few tenths.  (I have no idea what I'm talking about.)  As you can see, she is still naked due to a little double fold bias tape drought in my supply box.  (I don't have any double fold bias tape, and to be honest, I don't even really know what that is.  A quick visit to a craft/hobby store in the near future will take care of that though.)  In spite of Molly's nakedness, I'm still excited that I've come this far!  I'm already starting on her friend as I wait to get the supplies I need to finish the first one.  Two little girls means two little monkeys.

Craft on!   

4 comments:

Kristin said...

So cute! Looks like you did a great job! I have got to get a move on - I dread hand sewing and I am trying to hand sew her arms/legs/back up.

rebecca said...

She is so adorable!!! Very impressive, I'm sure the girls will LOVE her!

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

she's lovely!

Ags said...

You did a great job, she is so cute! I did one of these for my daughter and she loves it. I still need to make Mikey Monkey for my son.

Related Posts with Thumbnails