Friday, February 5, 2010

two more free patterns/projects: a skirt and a tie

I've been thinking about trying my hand a some clothing for my girls.  At first, I was thinking it would be fun (you know, fun as in torture) to make them each a spring/Easter dress.  Then I started looking at the Molly Monkey pattern (see previous post).  I realized if I can't even follow this pattern without googling every other word, I'm pretty sure sewing children's clothing is off limits . . . for now at least.  Then I came across these directions for sewing a child's skirt.  This looks like an easy peasy skirt . . . something even I could make . . . maybe . . . well, probably not, but it's worth a shot.

I'm not including this in my list of twelve crafts till Christmas because it's more of a spring skirt.  Hopefully, I can make two between now and Easter.  This will be a fun (fun as in actually fun) little gift to include in their Easter baskets.

I can get too focused on craft/sewing gifts for girls.  However, here's a shout out to all of you with little boys in your life . . . check out this sweet little tie pattern/project from Molly at purlbee.com.  (Picture from purlbee.com.)  She says that you don't even need a sewing machine to make this tie.  Woo hoo!  You could include this in his Easter basket instead of the skirt.  Of course, if you wanted to include the skirt, I'm not going to stop you.  :)  This is just another option.  

So enjoy two more free patterns . . . fun weekend projects for those of you who will be stuck inside because of the weather.   

Craft on! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails