Monday, March 21, 2011

movin' it monday: the family room

This past weekend we got one step closer to "finishing" one ENTIRE room in our house . . . not the entire house . . . just ONE room.  My husband has been begging for a flat screen TV for years, and with the move, we acquired one.  We've been living with it on the floor in front of the fireplace for five weeks as we tried to figure out whether to look into LCD TV stands for the side wall or mounting sets for above the fireplace.  Here's what we decided:    



I so wanted this space above the fireplace to be a great focal point with a family picture or a favorite piece of art, but it just didn't make sense to put the TV stand on a different wall.  The electrician did a fabulous job, and I'm ready to whip this room into shape.

   Next up . . . trying to figure out what to do with this space . . .

Craft on . . . or unpack on! ;)

8 comments:

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com said...

The TV looks good there! :) I love all the light in that room too! Can't wait to see the next room! :)

Quimby said...

Well, clearly that large room at the bottom will be your craft room, won't it? :-)

Chris said...

The tv does look good there. Sometimes we just have to compromise. :) Good luck, it's coming together! The floors look lovely in the next room.

Lu said...

I think the TV looks great there. Maybe as part of the compromise you could figure out a way to have a roll-down family picture to put over the TV screen when it's not on. ;)

Jen said...

Hello. I found your blog by chance and love your ideas. I think the big room needs to be your crafting/sewing/I'm amazing room. Every Mom needs one.
~Jen

Jilly said...

Well, The floors look beautiful in the next room. The tv does look good there. Sometimes we just have to compromise.
promosyon

Terry said...

Furnitures arrangement is too good and really colourful room you decorate that is perfect for welcoming a new guests, arranging a room is very difficult for me.
safety shower eye wash

Vinita Thakur said...

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blogs and I'm impressed! Very helpful information specially the remaining part :) I care for such information much. I was looking for this particular info for a long time.

Thanks for sharing this- good stuff! Keep up the great work, we look forward to reading more from you in the future!

Ref : http://bit.ly/VSQWIa

Related Posts with Thumbnails