Sunday, March 21, 2010

my middle name is procrastination

Okay, that's not really my middle name, but I've been really, really, REALLY good at it for . . . well, my entire life.  (This probably isn't news to some of you - like my high school Spanish teacher who recently began following this blog.  Hi Mrs. Maxwell!)  And my utter success at procrastination has been really shining through on this tenth craft till Christmas.  After all, perhaps you've noticed that it's March 21, and I have yet to post even once about this elusive craft since my initial tenth craft post the first week of March. 

I've had a few people ask me how it's going, and I have reluctantly confessed my lack of motivation.  But it's true, ever since I posted about the tenth craft, I've had zero desire to actually work on it.  I've turned to wood and paint and anything with the word "roll" in it, but I just couldn't muster up an ounce of excitement over something called Heat n Bond . . . maybe it reminded me too much of my rocky start with fusible interfacing.  

Well, tonight I got over it.  I looked at the calendar, realized that I had only ten days left until the end of the month, and got to work.  I wasn't jazzed about the idea of working with a towel, so I decided to create my own little craft that involves fabric scraps, Heat n Bond, and a picture frame.  I'll post more about it later this week.  

However, in true Elizabeth-form, my initial experience with Heat n Bond did not go according to plan.  There were many flops and flubs and failures tonight.  This picture is case in point.  

If you've been journeying with me since January, you know how I love to play guessing games.  So . . . here's another one - this one is eeeeasy!  What's wrong with this picture?

Craft on!     
SYS Thurs

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What's wrong? The R is backwards. You get an A for effort--or something like that! :)
Love,
Me

Cate Brickell said...

I'm a terrible procrastinator! I'm thinking that perhaps your "R" is backwards ~lol~ I, too, am struggling to find crafts that don't require sewing, but that hand print towel is a great idea, another to add to my ever growing list! (if I actually make everything on my list, presents are solved for the next ten years!)

Anonymous said...

Well the R is backwards because you put the heat bond on the wrong side. If that is what you did. It is okay, we have all done that. :)
Jennifer Probst

Kimberly said...

Hey, that usually happens. I mean, we love handcraft and things that we made by using our skills. And we are so proud of them when they are finished, but first there is a lot of work to be done and laziness is our number one enemy. All of us the idle people should do something to Stop procrastination! If not, we end up as you saym having "procrastination" as a middle name haha
Kim

Related Posts with Thumbnails