Sunday, March 14, 2010

wood craft week: a lesson from the wonder pets!

My kid's are watching "The Wonder Pets" for a special pre-bedtime show.  There aren't too many shows they get to watch at our house.  (I know, I know...I'm such a mean mom.  I've already heard these famous words from my four year old, "But mom (insert friend's name here) gets to watch (insert just about every kids' show here).  How come I don't get to?) 

Back to "The Wonder Pets"...I have to admit that I love this show.  There's something inspiring about these two gals, Linny and Ming-ming, and their friend, Tuck.  They are always working together to creatively get the job done.  

This week I've been working with other people to get the job done too.  With the advice of some other crafty friends, I've been experimenting with different ways to paint those little wood bobbins, balls and wheels that brought me so much frustration this week. (Click to catch up on previous post.) 

I'll write more about my mode of success later in case there are a few of you out there who would also like to make these colorful little lacing beads for a tot in your life.  But to top off a great wood crafts week - a much needed break from sewing, I just wanted to show off the success after the failure.  So check it out and

craft on!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The wonder pets are fun! But props to you for limiting tv time. :)
It's nice to meet you!
:)
Sylvia

Susan-Chasing Marcus said...

Hi!
I know I am a bit late here, but I searched to try and find out how you made them work! I saw the bobbins/spools the other day at Michaels and thought about painting them as well. What was your secret for success?
Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails