Tuesday, March 9, 2010

wood craft week: cravings

A friend dropped off a cheesecake on Sunday.  It's not just any cheesecake it's a cheesecake by Lori.  You really can't get better cheesecake.  In fact, CheeseCake Factory doesn't even compare.  So I've been on a cheesecake diet for the last three days.  You should try it.  One thing you should know about me is that I'm typically a little bit of a health-food junkie.  I don't eat meat.  I love my fruits and veggies.  I like locally grown food.  But all of these healthy habits are rendered powerless in the presence of Lori's cheesecake.  So . . . I've eaten cheesecake for lunch, for dinner, for snack . . . I've somehow been able to keep myself from eating cheesecake for breakfast.  (Maybe eating cheesecake for breakfast is something akin to having a drink before noon.)  I crave Lori's cheesecake.

As you know, I've also been craving something crafty that doesn't involve sewing.  My crafty version of cheesecake this week is wood.  So I've been looking for wood-related crafts that I can actually do in all my crafty laziness.  I'm not going to be like my friend Luke, and I'm not trying to be.

Tonight I came across this great idea (click for link) from Serving Pink Lemonade.  I am definitely going to be trying this.  You could use this idea for anything - a message board, a recipe card holder backsplash, a picture holder on your wall, or the obvious art gallery.  I love it.  And for tonight, just looking at it somehow satifies my wood craft cravings.  If only the same could be said about cheesecake.

Craft on!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails