Thursday, February 11, 2010

are you learning to sew? then you will love the tv show "lost" - part 2

Well, I did DVR Lost this past Tuesday night.  (You might want to reread my last post on Lost before you continue reading.)  I had a few insights:

1.)  Lost is not a show that you start watching the second show of the last season.

2.)  It is not a show about people like me who recently started sewing.

3.)  After watching one episode of Lost, sewing directions like, "Bind one edge with coordinating bias tape.  Overlock or use pinking shears on other edge, then turn it down 1/2 inch and press.  Edgestitch to form a tube for elastic, leaving two inch opening," actually seem way more understandable.  I mean understanding directions like these is like child's play compared to understanding that show. 

4.)  Why did that one guy with the ponytail torture that other guy with the curly hair?  And why didn't he pass the test? And why does the gal with the long hair seem to be running from the law in one scene and then walking through a jungle in the next?  And why is the guy from Party of Five there?  (I used to love that show by the way.)  Anyone?

I did discover one thing that the show Lost and sewing have in common - they are both terribly addicting in spite of the fact that they are both terribly confusing and frustrating.

I'm still working on Molly Monkey.  I'm confused.  I'm frustrated.  I'm addicted.  Yep, it's a lot like watching Lost.  I'm not sure if I'll tune in next week, but I'm pretty sure I'll still be working on Molly Monkey next week.  Here's picture of her cute little addicting face. 

Craft on!

**My Molly Monkey partner, Kristin, is having a lot of success on her little monkey.  She hit one rough spot turning those tiny little ears, and she e-mailed the Monkey's maker, Larissa, who gave her a hint (Brilliant idea Kristin!).  I can't wait to see pictures of her Molly Monkey!   

2 comments:

rebecca said...

Molly monkey is adorable...I can see how she would be both addicting & frustrating. Good luck to you, I'm sure she'll look so cute when you're done! BTW, I'm also confused by Lost...don't really follow it, but Nick watches it.

Kristin said...

She is cute so far!

Related Posts with Thumbnails