Saturday, December 11, 2010

hello blizzard and sponsors!

Well, I'm not sure where you live, but if you live in the Midwest . . . enjoy the blizzard

Holy tamole! 

I'm looking out my window right now, and I can't see the neighbor's house across the street.  Yep, I'm thinking we aren't going to be venturing out today. 

Here are a few of the things on my "stuck in doors on a blizzard day" to-do list:
Finish up a few crayon ornaments.
Make a few audition crafts for the classroom holiday party with my kids.
Make a couple of capes for stocking stuffers.
Put a batch of chili in the crock pot for tonight's dinner.
Watch the Nutcracker ballet with my girls (on TV, of course).

What do you like to do on your "stuck inside all day" days?

May I suggest . . .
finishing up any on-line shopping you need to do.
You can buy handmade gift-making supplies or handmade gift at the following sponsors:

a wide-variety of felt products

Scripture-inspired jewelry
Photobucket

a great collection of jewelry, dishtowels, bookmarks and more

unique vinyls, jewelry and more

handmade greeting cards, notecards, gift toppers and more

shabby-chic decor, vintage finds and hand knit pieces


fabulous collection of felt food

beautifual bead-jewelry, gift-card holders and more

handstampled, one-of-a-kind jewelry

9 comments:

Debby said...

I live in the Midwest....Ohio......never could understand why we are considered Midwest. We have had a cold week and snow everyday but nothing too bad. I think the storm you are having is moving this way but expected to fizzle alot. Fix that chili and check off those items on your list. I love Flamingo Toes....Bev is so creative.

Prairie Scraps said...

I am in Wisconsin and we didn't get what was expected...yet! Here's hoping it doesn't come, but I have Christmas gifts to finish - felt food for my daughter! Cookies to make, oh, and I may start my own pot of chili for dinner! Thanks for the idea!

Mandy Beyeler said...

Hey Elizabeth - - I forgot you're a midwest girl - me too! Here in MO we're not snowing --yet!!

Beth Anne said...

Kansas City only has rain. As much as I hate snow and winter - if it's going to be yucky outside, might as well be a blizzard! In other words, I'm jealous of all your snow when we've only got cold, yucky rain. :(

D. Jean Quarles said...

What a great post idea. Loved it. Enjoy your at home day.

Katie Olthoff said...

I'm LOVING this snow! We unloaded turkeys this morning (they made it from MN with no problems) then sent hubby to town for milk and donuts. Now, we're all snuggled up watching the Polar Express!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your blizzard! We were supposed to get a big blizzard just before Thanksgiving -- BIG deal, closing schools early, sending employees home early, store shelves emptying. We got less than 1/4 inch of snow here. We had more leaves blow into our yard than snow! North of us got hit worse, but still not what it was anticipated to be. So I'm glad you're enjoying your blizzard because ours was lackluster. :)

*kate said...

I live in Minnesota, but today it feels like the Bermuda Triangle. I am so jealous of all the people in every direction who got snowed in ... we got nothin'.

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...

It's so fun to hear where everyone else is from and the kind of weather you are getting a taste of today!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts with Thumbnails