Thursday, August 5, 2010

behold! the fifth craft till Christmas

Choices . . . choices . . . choices!  Last month I had tons of ideas for my sixth craft till Christmas, but no desire to actually do any of them.  This month I have even more ideas added to the gift list, and I have a desire to do all of them. 

So . . . I finally just picked one. 

When I was little, one of my favorite toys was a little carrier for my doll.  It was a green and yellow bassinet with two handles.  My mom made it for me complete with a matching pillow, baby blanket, and a few doll diapers.  It was simple, and I loved it.  I loved carrying it around the house - dragging dolls in tow.  

I'm hoping my girls love their little bassinets just as much.  Yep, that's right my fifth craft till Christmas is a doll bassinet complete with blanket, pillow and doll diapers . . . times two. 

I have no idea how to actually make a bassinet, but I'm going to do my best to figure it out.  I hope you'll join me for this journey because it could be hilarious and a complete failure, so I'll need your support when I reach the edge of giving up and your advice when I'm absolutely clueless about what to do next.  

Craft on!

12 comments:

Alison @ mommadidit.blogspot.com said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with. I was never a Barbie fan when I was little. My baby doll went everywhere with me. I had a bassinet, homemade diapers, clothes, and diaper bag. I have 4 kids, all girls, and they just aren't that into their baby dolls. I can't tell you how much this dissapoints me. Maybe I should try your fifth craft until Christmas and convince them that dolls are all the rage!

Unknown said...

Ooh, I'm excited to see what you come up with! I also had one as a kid, if I'm picturing what you're describing correctly. It's still being loved by grandchildren at my parents house, even without the added perks of the blanket, pillow, and doll diapers.

Crystal said...

I can't wait to see how you make this. My little ones would LOVE this-I'm thinking this would be a great christmas present for them as well.

Cathy Hutton said...

I'm think that I will be watching with a keen eye. We are having a baby in November and I have bought a baby doll for our son so that he has is own baby. There are so many things that I want to make for the baby doll....this would be a great place to start!
I wish you luck on your adventure!

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see how you do this. My middle girl would LOVE something like this.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Ooh, now that's one I'd really love to make!

Michelle said...

OOooo, can't wait to see this one! Sounds so cute!

Melissa said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

I am very excited about this project too! That is a perfect little gift for a little girl!

Roo @ nicegirlnotes said...

Goodness, child. This is incredibly embarrassing saying this, but I just found this blog today and I WANT TO KNOW YOU in real life so I can be like you... through osmosis or something.

I love all of these crafts!! I have two little girls (elder is turning 2 this month). We were planning on buying her a Bitty Baby doll (American Girl), but the accessories are so expensive. I've been thinking of ways to make some myself.

I'm super new to blogging. So glad I found this! And I swear, I'm not as creepy as I make myself sound in this entire comment. :)

Kristin said...

Fun! I will be watching you closely as this is something I know I want to make for Lily too! I found this one (maybe even through your blog?) and have it on my list already. Can't want to see what you come up with! http://nothingfancyschmancy.blogspot.com/2009/11/baby-doll-bassinet-tutorial.html

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how you make the bassinet, it would be a great gift to make for my niece! :)

Love your blog! x

Related Posts with Thumbnails