Monday, August 30, 2010

monday's buttons

one blog
two buttons
loads of inspiration
seven thirty three: a creative blog
Chances are you've been to see Kim at seven thirty three: a creative blog.  But did you know that she has a second blog for her custom blog design business?  She answered the questions below in response to her creative blog, but go check out her blog design work as well.  Perhaps you will be inspired to have a little blog makeover!  As you can tell from her whimsical creative buttons, she's one talented gal!




1) How would you describe your blog to someone who has never been by for a visit?
A creative paradise for crafters and non-crafters alike! I like to post tutorials and ideas that float around in my head. I also feature lots of great projects from others around the blogosphere. Anything that catches my eye and makes me think, I want to try that, I will feature. I also offer freebies, link parties and blog design.

2) When did you start blogging? What got you interested in blogging?
I started blogging just over a year ago. I had so many ideas bouncing around in my head all the time... whether they be original or something I saw. I figured someone could benefit from having them on "paper". After checking out all the other amazing craft bloggers I thought I would throw my hand in the mix and have had a blast doing so.

3) How does your blog button reflect your blog or your personality?
As a graphic designer I spend lots of time on other peoples designs and when it comes time to design for myself I usually go blank! I have had several buttons in the last year and finally decided to sit down and really come up with a blog design that fit my personality. I am really happy with this button. I think the font is fun, and the design is simple, yet eye catching. Simple and modern is right up my alley!

4) Did you craft your button or did you inspire someone else to craft it for you?
As I mentioned above I designed it myself. I have actually seen a one or two similar to mine pop up since I posted mine, so I guess I need to keep in mind that imitation is the best form of flattery, right?

5) What kind of buttons stick out to you when you are looking around in blogland?
Anything with a pop of color, that is out of the ordinary. I like unique buttons, that you look at and say, "Wow! That is eye catching, so cool!" and if it makes me say "I wish I thought of that!", all the better.

Thanks Kim!

Blog on!

2 comments:

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Kim is so great!! What a fun interview.
I love this feature of yours. :)

Susan-Chasing Marcus said...

Hi, I just left a comment on your FB page about QNN TV...just making sure you saw it. I am not affiliated at all with them, but new it existed and thought you might get a kick out of it.
https://www.qnntv.com/aspx/qnn/members/joinqnn.aspx

Susan
Chasing Marcus

Related Posts with Thumbnails