2) Quilt these batting and fabric pieces together however you want. You could do diagonal crossing lines to make a diamond pattern or you could do fancy squiggly lines OR you could be like me . . . lazy and also very unskilled with a sewing machine which means you will just sew straight parallel lines every inch. ;)
3) For a little pop of color I added a ribbon about a 1/2 from the top edge of the body piece. You could sew it on with a fancy stitch or you could go my route: FABRIC GLUE . . . the best friend of a lazy crafter who happens to also have difficulty sewing narrow things.
4) Pin bottom of body piece (piece with ribbon attached at top) right sides together all around the bottom body piece.
5) Sew around the edge where the body and the bottom meet. Then pin and sew the opening where the two ends of the body piece meet up. (In the picture below, you see the seem of where the two ends meet up on the right hand side of the picture.) When you are done sewing, the piece will look like this:
7) Quilt the hood and batting in the same way you did the body quilting. I just did straight lines every inch.
9) Take the opening between the last stitch of the 5 inch section and the fold and open it. Then flatten it so it is perpindicular (or makes a T) to the five inch section. Pin and sew along edge.
10) Flip the outside hood piece right side out. The back will look like this.
11) Take the hood lining and place the hood lining over the outside hood piece MAKING SURE RIGHT SIDES ARE TOGETHER.
12) Pin together along arched edge and sew.
14) Now comes the fun . . . seeing it all come together! There are a few steps here that I don't have pics for because I got too excited to take pics. I just wanted to get it done!
16) Make sure outside body piece is right side out now, and insert lining into body piece so that the wrong sides of both piece are together.
17) Tuck in and pin top edges of body piece and lining all around inserting and pinning straps and hood as you go.
As I mentioned above, I finished number two bassinet, and I'm on to the blanket and pillow next which means that I . . .
I may link to these great sites throughout the week! Go check them out!
Weekend - along for the ride, a little lovely, Craft Envy, Under the Table and Dreaming, Be Different Act Normal, A Vision to Remember, 504 Main - Tickled Pink, Funky Junk Interiors, Tatertots and Jello, I heart naptime
Monday - Keeping it Simple, Craft-O-Maniac, The Girl Creative, The Trendy Treehouse, CRAFT, Making the World Cuter, Mad in Crafts, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Between Naps on the Porch, Tools Are For Women, It's So Very Cheri, Skip to My Lou
Tuesday - All Thingz Related, Sugar Bee, New Nostalgia, Creative Itch, Lucky Star Lane, Hope Studios, These Creative Juices, My Delicious Ambiguity, Today's Creative Blog-Get Your Craft On!
Wednesday - It's So Very Cheri, Beyond the Picket Fence, Blue Cricket Design, Trendy Treehouse, Tea Rose Home, Someday Crafts, My Backyard Eden, Sew Much Ado, Night Owl Crafting
Thursday - Fireflies and Jellybeans, Life As Lori, House of Hepworths, Somewhat Simple, Seven Thirty Three, The Train to Crazy, PonyTails and FishScales, Black Kat's Design
Friday - The Sabby Nest, A Little Knick Knack, Fingerprints on the Fridge, It's Fun to Craft!, It's a Hodgepodge Life, Kojo Designs, Amy Lou Who, A Few of My Favorite Things, Simply Sweet Home, Frou Frou Decor, Remodelaholic