Thursday, September 23, 2010

feed me friday: potato bake

I'm a lazy cooker . . . so I'm a fan of recipes that cover a lot of bases.  If all I have to do to complete the meal is throw a bowl of fruit on the table, I consider the recipe a winner!  Potato Bake is one of my family's go-to meals.  My husband claims he could eat this every night.  I should try that for a week . . . just to mess with him.  ;)

Potato Bake

Here's what you need:
-2 potatoes per person cut up into small cubes (I use whatever is on hand, but golden potatoes are our fav.)
-1 to 2 red/orange/yellow peppers cut up
-1 container of pre-sliced mushrooms
-olive oil
-2 cloves of garlic (I'm lazy so I used pre-minced garlic in a jar.)
-1/2 cup of chopped onion (optional)
-1 cup of broccoli florets per person
-salt, pepper and Lawry's Seasoning
-2 to 3 cups of your favorite shredded cheese (Our fav is sharp cheddar!)


Here's what you do:
1)  Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in saute pan. 

2)  Add garlic, potatoes, onion, peppers and mushrooms.  Saute until tender.  Add seasoning to taste.

3)  While potato mixture is sauteing, steam broccoli until just tender.

4)  Add sauteed potatoes and steamed broccoli to 9 x 13 pan sprayed with oil.** 

5)  Sprinkle 1 to 2 cups of cheese on top and mix cheese into potatoes and broccoli.  Then sprinkle remaining cheese on top.


6)  Place in 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.

**As you know by now, three people in our house are vegetarians.  However, if you prefer to have meat in your meals, you can add add it.  My husband sometimes adds Canadian bacon from the pizza isle at the grocery store to his side of the potato bake.

Cook on!

 

11 comments:

Leslie said...

oh yummy this is going to have to get made for dinner here one night.

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

That sounds really good! Tonight I tried a new recipe called Easy Pumpkin Muffins. And let me tell you!!WOW!!! They were sooo so easy and soo soo good. I am sharing the recipe on my blog tonight if you are interested. I think I may just do your potato bake tomorrow!

Lessons from the Boys said...

Sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Oh yum! I knew we were kindred spirits and your professed laziness confirms it. Whenever I'm preparing vegetables to go with an entree, my husband asks, "Who's coming over?" because we mostly have veggies when we have company...

Can't wait to try this, too, because we love potatoes. I've got Idaho farm blood running in my veins. :)

Unknown said...

hey there!
looks delish!
although, my hubby is one of those dudes who thinks a meal is not a meal until the meat appears! I wonder what would taste good in there besides ground beef?

hope your friday is great!

Sylvia

Pam Emerson said...

I actually just tried this tonight for dinner, although I should have read through the whole recipe before I started...I decided to put ground beef in it; I cooked the beef, cut up the potatoes, broccoli, and peppers, and threw it all in a casserole dish. Then I realized I was supposed to sautee the potatoes and steam the broccoli! Well, I added a little bit of water to the bottom of the dish, put tin foil over the top, and cooked for about 45 minutes. Then I uncovered, added cheese, and it was so ridiculously delicious! Thanks for the great recipe!

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

This sounds like a lovely, easy veggie dinner. Thanks so much for sharing it!

Envymycooking said...

This looks really yummy. come hop on over to our blog if you would ever like to be featured or just need new recipes

Rustown Mom said...

Delicious sounding - you could also use up little dibs and dabs of things - kinda like my mother's Friday Soup where she just throws it all into a soup pot and calls it dinner! With Fall here, this will go on my list. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Sounds good! Thanks for sharing your great potato bake recipe with us at Anything Related!
{Rebekah}

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Oh! How delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails