Wednesday, September 15, 2010

hanging out with a friend today

Yesterday, I spoke of the friends I've made through blogging.  Well, today I'm hanging out with one of those friends.  Her name is Jocelyn.  We are both moms.  We both love our kids.  We have a similar sense of humor.  We love thinking of new and creative ways to teach our kids life lessons.  We have a lot in common.  But there are also things that make us different from one another - our educational and career paths, our geographic locations and our faith traditions, to name a few. 

And so I'm honored that Jocelyn invited me to guest post on her blog today on the topic of teaching children tolerance, respect, love and compassion.  You can check out my post at Jocelyn's blog, We Talk of Christ, We Rejoice in Christ.  You'll find some of my favorite books to read and a few other recommendations for helping your children appreciate the similarities and differences of those around them.   
I'll be back here tonight with a post on my latest obsession.  Let's just put it this way . . . I'm going to need your help to step away from the pretend and play diaper bag. 

Craft on!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Hi Elizabeth,

I just found your blog from "We Talk of Christ..." I really enjoyed your post, and I've enjoyed looking at all or your projects. You are awsome. I had a difficult enough time just making one present for my boys last year (I made stick horses.) Anyways, I read one post where you said you hated bloggers fonts, and I recently came across this tutorial, http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html, on how to use other fonts on blogger. I haven't tried it yet, but I too find bloggers fonts a little lacking.

Keep up the crafting!

Jodi

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Thanks for hanging out with me today, Eliz! Almost like the real deal! LOL :) Looking forward to more on your latest obsession tonight! :)

Susan-Chasing Marcus said...

Global Babies was my daughters absolute favorite board book. It was the first book that she had memorized. We love Chrysanthemum as well. I am going to check out some of the other books that you featured as well. Thanks for the suggestions.

Unknown said...

I loved your post! You are so genuinely caring that your posts can't help but contain that, too. And I will honestly admit that I had never even thought about what the characters in my child's books look like. I am definitely paying attention now and checking my library for your recommendations. Thanks!

CK said...

Hey, I just read your post on "We Talk of Christ..." Great ideas you shared. I really like that you have a blog about making homemade gifts. I always try to make homemade gifts for others... already started for this Christmas, lol!
-CK

Anne said...

I just went and enjoyed your guest post - I'm catching up on my reader tonight - and I love your recommendations. I posted about teaching my son about differences this week too. You might want to check out Feed Me Books Friday and even link up your post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails