Pretend and Play Diaper Bag
**Goes with matching doll bassinet carrier**
Here's what you need:
1 - 30 x 9 inch piece of fabric for the outside of the diaper bag
1 - 30 x 9 inch pieces of fabric for the inside lining of the diaper bag
1 - 30 x 9 inch pieces of quilt batting for the diaper bag
1 - 16 x 11 1/2 inch piece of fabric for the flap
1 - 8 x 11 1/2 inch piece of interfacing
1 - 28 x 4 1/2 inch piece of fabric for the strap
**I also used two extra squares for a pocket
Here's what you do:
1) Pin batting to wrong side of outside of the bag.
2) Sew long straight lines every inch down the 9 inch side. In other words, you will be sewing eight long straight lines all the way down the 30 inches of the fabric piece. (I must confess that I'm THE WORST at sewing straight lines, so I used an fade-away fabric pen that disappears after a few hours to draw straight lines on the fabric . . . LOVE IT!)
3) Fold in half right sides together so that you have a 15 x 9 inch piece. Pin. Sew along three sides leaving one long side open.
4) At one corner seam, fold piece inward so that the right sides of one of the short-sided seams and the long-sided seam touch. Pin. Measure from corner about 1 1/2 inches. Sew. Cut off corner end.
5) Do the same thing with the other corner.
6) Now, pin and sew a seam seams on each side of the bottom of the bag to create a boxy bottom.
7) Do steps 3 through 6 with the lining piece. Except when sewing around the three sides in step 3, leave a three inch opening for turning later. (See second picture down.)
8) Take 4 1/2 x 28 inch piece for strap and fold in half length-wise right sides together. Sew down to form a tube. Turn and top stitch on both long sides.
9) Pin strap to inside of quilted part of the bag.
10) Take interfacing and fuse to wrong side of one half of the flap piece of fabric. (I also added a pocket after adding interfacing.)
12) Pin flap to inside of quilted part of bag.
13) Insert lining so that right sides are together. Pin. Sew around edge.
14) Turn using turning hole in lining. Sew up opening. Stuff lining into bag.
15) Pin around top edge. Top stitch around edge.
Coming soon . . . diapers and other fun accessories.
I may link to these great parties. Check them out by clicking on the blog name below or visit my "I like to party" page.
Weekend - a little lovely, Craft Envy, Under the Table and Dreaming, Be Different Act Normal, A Vision to Remember, 504 Main - Tickled Pink, Funky Junk Interiors, Tatertots and Jello, I heart naptime
Monday - Keeping it Simple, Craft-O-Maniac, The Girl Creative, The Trendy Treehouse, CRAFT, Making the World Cuter, Mad in Crafts, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Between Naps on the Porch, Tools Are For Women, It's So Very Cheri, Skip to My Lou, Sew Can Do
Tuesday - All Thingz Related, Sugar Bee, New Nostalgia, Creative Itch, Lucky Star Lane, Hope Studios, These Creative Juices, My Delicious Ambiguity, Today's Creative Blog-Get Your Craft On!
Wednesday - It's So Very Cheri, Beyond the Picket Fence, Blue Cricket Design, Trendy Treehouse, Tea Rose Home, Someday Crafts, My Backyard Eden, Sew Much Ado, Night Owl Crafting
Thursday - Fireflies and Jellybeans, Life As Lori, House of Hepworths, Somewhat Simple, Seven Thirty Three, The Train to Crazy, PonyTails and FishScales, Black Kat's Design
Friday - The Sabby Nest, A Little Knick Knack, Fingerprints on the Fridge, It's Fun to Craft!, It's a Hodgepodge Life, Kojo Designs, Amy Lou Who, A Few of My Favorite Things, Simply Sweet Home, Frou Frou Decor, Remodelaholic