Sunday, June 6, 2010

i am a top ten iron crafter!



So apparently my obsession with recycled cans paid off. (And trust me, I was obsessed!)  Because today as I was browsing the plethora (oh, I love that word) of blogs I follow on Google reader, I found out that my soda can jewelry made it into the top ten for the Iron Crafter Challenge over at Fireflies and Jellybeans.




Now, I've won the right to proudly display this button:







And there's more . . . if enough people like my soda can jewelry and vote here on Fireflies and Jellybeans, I could actually win an advertising spot on Fireflies and Jellybeans.  To be honest, I didn't actually think this far advance when I entered the challenge.  I'm not sure what exactly I would do with free advertising, but if, by some fluke, I would win one of the top three spots, I would think of something quick . . . ASAP.  Someone suggested that I just put my button in the spot, but my button is kind of sad looking.  I'm proud of it, but it's not exactly the best advertising look.    

So, click over to the voting page on Fireflies and Jellybeans.  Look through the different crafts entered and vote.  And I'm being serious when I say this . . . don't just vote for mine blindly.  There are a lot of really great ideas in that list, and you may think one of them is (or most of them are) better than mine.  Vote for the one you like best.  (Although if mine is your favorite, then by all means, vote for mine.  I would like that!)

Just get on over there, vote, be inspired and . . .

craft on!

7 comments:

Papgena Made It said...

I vote for you! ;)

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Congrats and good luck. Just voted for you :)

Rachel said...

Congrats!! I'm heading over to vote now.

Jill said...

Congratulations Elizabeth!! I've just been over to check out the top ten, and voted for yours!! I say if you win advertising, stick on your groovy button!! I for one think it's great! (Hope you win!)

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Yay for you! i'm voting right now!

BeautifulDoodle said...

I've voted for you! To be honest I think the others are very good aswell, but you've got my vote just because I love your blog ;)

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

wow! love this project. Can't wait to make some for friends. You are awesome!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails