2) Did you craft your button or did you commission someone else to craft it for you? If you crafted it, what program did you use? If someone else did, who?
I made my button myself using Photoshop CS3. The font is Bookworm, and the squares are just good ol' wingdings. :)
3) What was the inspiration behind your button? What did you want it to say about you or your blog?
My button's color scheme was inspired by my blog background (from Hot Bliggity Blog). I love the colors, and I love the clean look of a repeated square motif. I feel like my button represents me and my blog well: I'm not particularly creative on my own, but I can take someone else's idea, like a square webding character, and put my own spin on it to make it mine.
4) What kind of buttons stick out to you when you are poking around in the blog-world?
I love blog buttons that are simple, with not too much going on, but use a unique shape or font or other element that connects them well with the blog.
5) What inspires you to keep blogging?
Finding new blog-friends! I sometimes get discouraged seeing all these fantastic blog and these wonderfully creative people who have such a natural knack for the crafty and creative, but I love the feeling of exhilaration that I get "meeting" new people through my blog and through the blogs I follow.
2) What do you like best about your button?
I love the soft but bright colors in my button. The palate reminds me of the clothing I usually wear as well as the colors in my home. I'm a sucker for feminine brights!
3) Did you craft your own button or did you commission/inspire someone else to craft it? If you crafted it, what program/software did you use? If someone else did, who?
I created my button using Photoshop. I had created the flower for my banner, and the typewriter style keys for my Daily DIY post header. I combined those graphics to create the button I'm using now. I'm actually working on a more unifying logo right now, so I'll be doing it all again soon!
4) If you are looking for inspiration, what is the one blog you would turn to?
Lately I've been pulling so much inspiration from Prudent Baby. I've found so many fabulous party, decor and giftable tutorials there. Just in the last week I've added three Prudent Baby projects to my own crafty to-do list! It's a great site with a lot of DIY variety.
5) What kind of buttons stand out to you?
I think it depends on the website I'm looking at. If the site has a lot of white space, a colorful button catches my eye. On a busy site, a more restful button might grab my attention. I love buttons that let me immediately know what the site is about and I'm much more likely to click on those. That's something I hope to achieve with my next button and logo revamp!
A Cuppy Cake Life One look at Carolyn's button over at A Cuppy Cake Life and you can't miss the purpose of her blog. I try to pop over and visit all those who sign up to follow twelve crafts till Christmas. I love looking through these blogs for inspirations. After Carolyn signed up as a follower here, I popped over to her sweet blog (pun intended). After I wiped the drool off my chin and computer keyboard, I noticed her button right away. So cute! Carolyn was gracious enough to answer a few questions about her button. I warn you . . . if you stop over at A Cuppy Cake Life (and you should) be prepared for some serious sweet treat cravings.
1) Describe your blog in five words.
Cupcakes, Recipes, Tips, Fun, Relaxed
2) How does your button reflect your blog?
At A Cuppy Cake Life the cupcake is the star. Having it as the focus of the button shows it's the focus of the blog.
3) Did you craft your button or did you commission someone else to craft it for you? If you crafted it, what program did you use?
I cannot take credit for anything more than the color scheme. Kendra at Key Lime Blog Design (http://keylimedesigns.blogspot.com) is the awesome designer of my button and my blog.
4) What do you like best about your button?
I love that it is fun and relaxed without being overly girly and juvenile. Cupcakes aren't just for kids!
Thanks to all the creators of the featured buttons for their willingness to put up with my button stalking and questions! Go check out the blogs behind the buttons, be inspired and . . .