Saturday, June 12, 2010

what I'm up to: a seventh craft update

Alright, so a few days ago I announced that my seventh craft till Christmas is the stuffed animal/pillow . . . a pet pillow.  This project is a double blessing because my kids have been begging for giant pillows and a pet of some sort.  Hmmmm . . . I wonder if they will see a pet pillow as an adequate pet stand-in?  I can always hope, I guess. 

I've been busy the last couple of days . . . busy with everything but crafting and sewing.  But tonight I actually had an hour to start on the seventh craft.  I have to admit that as soon as I announced that I would be working on these pet pillows, reality sunk in and panic was right behind.  Here's a news flash . . . I have no idea how to make a pet pillow. 

But I have to start somewhere, so this is how my seventh craft began tonight:

Yes, that is my fabric . . . NOT ALL MY FABRIC though.  Did you read my post a few weeks ago about my disease?  Do you believe me now?

So I began my seventh craft - the pet pillow - by sorting through my fabric in hopes that I already had stuff I could use.  Guess what.  I don't.  Bummer.  I can probably use some of the fleece I have, but for the majority of the body, I need some plush chenille type fabric.  So the seventh craft is on hiatus for a few days until I can make the 40 minute journey to the nearest fabric store.  

In a few days, I'll . . . 

craft on! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails