Wednesday, June 30, 2010

the saga of the pillow buddy


June 8 - I announced (a week late) that June's craft till Christmas would be the animal pillow . . . now renamed the pillow buddy.

June 19 - I fessed up that I had put zero work into the pillow buddies.  Ten days before June was out and I hadn't even purchased fabric and supplies for my pillow buddies.

June 20 - Surprise . . . an impromptu trip to the fabric store . . . the first pillow buddy is started.

June 23 - Another even BIGGER SURPRISE . . . the first pillow buddy is finished! 

June 27 - The second pillow buddy is started.

June 30 - The last step - sewing the head on the body.  I have hope that I'm actually going to get this little gal done before July 1!!!!!  So exciting! 

Tonight I carefully hand stitched the kitty's head onto the body.  I tied in the finishing knot.  Set her down on the floor to attach Velcro and take a picture and another really UNEXPECTED SURPRISE . . .


What is wrong with this picture?  Hmmm . . . you think I would have noticed that I was sewing the head on upside down at some point during the 45 minutes it took me to sew this on.  Yes, you would think that, but you would be wrong.  Forty-five minutes to sew it on . . . four minutes to cut it off. 

Wah wah

So the second pillow buddy will indeed not be done by July 1.  I'm throwing in the towel pillow tonight and tomorrow I will . . .

craft on!
SYS Thurs

22 comments:

Kenzie said...

:( It is still so cute! I hate when I do things like that!

Kim said...

Oh no! Been there before. It's cute tho.

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm sorry but I am laughing so hard at this! I do things like this allll the time, often even after I stare at it and overanalyze it to make sure I'm doing it the best way. My seam ripper and I are great friends.

The upside-down head kind of reminds me of the Cheshire Cat though... :)

Anonymous said...

i'm experiencing dejavu as i read this =)

Cate Brickell said...

I promise I'm not laughing too loudly ~lol~ hope July is a more successful month for you

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Been there. Done that. How did you get into my closet to borrow the T-shirt?

Kelly said...

don't you hate that. It can be so frustrating. It does look super cute though. Can't wait to see how you did it (minus the upside down head lol). Craft On

Emily said...

Oh no! Ya know, it was kind of original with head on upside down. :) Can't wait to see the finished product!

Meg said...

LOL! This post made me laugh out loud I am sure that my co -workers think I am nuts! This is something I would do for sure. Only I would be sewing the head on 2 hours before I needed it for a birthday party :P

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

That is funny! I am so frustrated for you!The other day I was so absent minded, I actually forgot which twin I was trying to get ready and put the entire girl outfit on the boy before I realized what was done...

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I do goofy careless things ALL THE TIME! I've waisted so much fabric it's crazy. I get distracted easily and then my projects plummets from there.

Anonymous said...

Hey, if it makes you feel any better I just finished making my daughter a doodle case and once completed realized the pics on the pattern are going the wrong way....yay for me..oh well, she won't notice. I'll be posting it later on.
terelauritsen.blogspot.com

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

I'm glad you're focusing on the positives in your life. I hope you are feeling better day by day.
xxx's

Papgena Made It said...

LOL!!!! LOL!!!! LOL!!!
Sorry! But, that is hilarious!!!
Don't take me wrong I could do the exactly same thing or worse!!!
(an example: when my daughter was 6 months, so I was back to work, I left a pan with boiling water and her bottles in the stove for a ALL day! I actually came home, in the lunch break, to leave some groceries, enter in the kitchen, left the groceries and leave again and didn't notice that the stove was on!!

The Leader said...

I am your newest follower. Please follow me back at www.jessielynnsmith.com

Thanks!

<3 Jess

Julianna said...

Congrats on your feature @ Tatertots and Jello!

Melissa said...

Oooooooooooooooooh how frustrating!! I've done that sort of thing before...

Rachel Sue said...

a kindred soul! I also have a goal this year to make my children's gifts. So, I have to ask: Do you have a pattern? or are you one of those amazing people who just made it up?

If you could email me the answer, I would LOVE it!

thanks!

Michelle L. said...

Wah wah indeed! It's actually really cute upside down! Thanks for cracking me up at 6 AM.

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

Still looks great!

Lolly Jane said...

hahah!

seven thirty three said...

LOL! I'm sure it all worked out in the end... the pillow is too cute not to work!

Thanks for making me feel a little better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails