Sunday, June 13, 2010

it's never too early!

Let's talk stocking stuffers.  What?

I know some of you are saying, "It's too early to be thinking about stocking stuffers!  This lady is Christmas crazy!" 

First, I'm not Christmas crazy.  In fact, I'm usually the last in my neighborhood to put up my Christmas tree every year after the second week of December, I don't do any decorating outside, and I limit Christmas decorations in the house to one small box only.  I received an e-mail of concern from someone who stumbled upon this little blog that I'm ruining the spirit of Christmas by focusing on Christmas gifts already.  That's certainly not my intent.  If the spirit of Christmas is ruined for you by reading my blog . . . by all means, stop reading! ;)
Second, it's never too early to talk about stocking stuffers if, in fact, you plan on MAKING ALL of these little goodies yourself.  And that is precisely my plan.  As you know if you've been reading along with me, my goal is to make every gift, goodie, stocking stuffer that my children will receive next Christmas.  So I'm talking about stocking stuffers NOT because I'm Christmas crazy but because I need all the help I can get if I'm going to attain this goal.  

And I NEED YOUR HELP!  A few weeks ago I started a linky page (click here or you can see it up on the page link line) so that we can all collaborate together to share home-made stocking stuffer ideas.  I'm inviting you . . . no, let me be honest . . . I'm BEGGING you to link up any and all ideas that you think would make great stocking stuffer gifts for young and old, friends and family, girls and boys, women and men, dogs and cats, etc.  I need your inspiration . . . and maybe others do too!  This linky page will be open for your additions throughout the entire summer and up as long as this blog is up and running. 

The picks in this post are from the stockings I use for my husband and children.  I made them completely by hand years ago before I realized they make things like sewing machines.  :)  I will give the first person who can name the university that the logo represents on my husband's stocking . . . well, I won't give you anything, but guess anyway . . . just for fun!

Craft on!

11 comments:

Ms R said...

Thanks for stopping by! :):):)

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Found you via MM, and no it's never too early for Christmas, stop by to see me sometime.

Anonymous said...

I always start getting excited about Christmas at this time of year. The way I see it, you spend half of the year moving away from the holidays, and the other half moving towards them! When you are doing handmade presents, it's never to early to start. That way you'll have save yourself some time to spend with family and friends instead of finishing up gifts.

Cheyanne

beingzaraandzidan said...

wow what a blog. very creative.
I am def gonna be back. Do visit me if u get a chance

Jocelyn Christensen said...

I have no clue what logo that is...is it a bison?

Lady J said...

Keep on Christmas Crafin'!! Yes, Christmas is too commercial but even if we are thinking about gifts, the spirit and intent here is giving and that is a good spirit and attitude to have all year long.

Is it the golden eagle from Southern Miss?

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Just a little encouragement - I love that your site is about the gifts you plan to make for Christmas. I think it's inspirational that you are making everything and I love the ideas here.
:)
And I have no idea on the stocking - not too up on College teams . . but I love those little buttons on it!

Quimby said...

You can always do muffin crayons with a personalised colouring book (find images on-line of things your children love; or use a photo editing software to change your favorite family photos into colouring pages). Cookies-in-a-jar mix, with a homemade apron or chef's hat.

You can print off some sewing cards or book plates. (I really like these sewing cards - http://chezbeeperbebe.blogspot.com/2009/06/tutorial-dozen-animal-sewing-cards.html and these book plates - http://www.sweetjessie.com/2008/11/bookplates.html) There's also this "All About Me" book from HP you can print off - http://www.hp.com/hho/hp_create/p_and_s-albums-superhero_book.html?ref=themes_kids_early_elementary

You could also make or print off some paper dolls (or stick them on magnetic sheets and you've got fridge magnet paper dolls)

There are recipes on-line for homemade paints, bubbles, etc. Those make great stocking stuffers. And of course who can go past homemade chocolate? When I was growing up we had a nativity chocolate mold. It was beautiful, but none of us ever felt right about eating Baby Jesus . . .

Unknown said...

I have no stocking stuffer ideas (yet), but that's the Iowa Hawkeyes! I wish I knew that myself, but I asked my hubby who knows everything random about sports. :)

WW said...

OOOHHH! I can tell you, cause it's our ISU's rival team, the Hawkeyes. I'm a Cyclone for life, so it'd pretty much ingrained in me, to recognize the Hawkeyes logo.

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hip Hip Hooray for you & anyone who has "The Spirit of Christmas in their heart all year long"
Hi..Barb from MM & Santa's Gift Shoppe (Year Round) If more people had this kind of spirit the world would be a much happier place!!
I am already a follower of yours.. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!
P.S. Next month I'm having Christmas in July..Giveaways & great Ideas for all..Hope you'll join us!! ALL ARE WELCOME!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails