Kristin is working on a quality a week at her house. You can follow her journey on her family blog and be inspired to take a similar journey with your family.
Due to my work and home schedule, we are learning about and practicing these qualities during the weekend starting on Friday. We're home on Fridays together, so this past Friday we had our very first Fruit of the Spirit Friday. We focused on the quality of . . . LOVE.
This is what our Fruit Friday focusing on love looked like.
1) We started out in the morning with a small object lesson on love.
2) We learned a special song about love.
3) We read a few children's books about love.
4) We went on a love field trip to deliver a special meal to a family in our community who has recently been impacted by a cancer diagnosis and chemo treatments.
Fruit Friday ended with a special craft. (Yes, I realize the post is called Sunday Kids' Craft. :) That's because I'm sharing it with you on Sunday not necessarily because we did it on Sunday.)
Share-the-Love Magnet Clips-**Throughout the upcoming weekend and week, I will be looking for ways the girls are showing love - to people, animals or the environment. As we crafted, we talked about specific acts of love that they could do at the ages of 5 and 2. At the end of each day, we will gather around the Share-the Love Magnet Clips on the fridge, and I will present them each with a card that has one of my favorite acts of love I saw them do that day written on it. They will get to put the card into the magnet clip. Each day we add a card to the clip, and at the end of the week we will take time to read them all together again.
-heart shapes cut out of felt, paper, craft foam, etc. - I precut these to make this craft simpler. If you have older children, they could cut out there own shapes.
-hot glue gun
-stamps, markers, crayons, stickers, etc
1) Let children pick out the heart shapes they want to use. Help them glue heart shapes on to the clothes pins with craft glue in the pattern they choose.