Monday, June 28, 2010

monday's buttons - week 6

Three great buttons. 
Three great blogs. 
Three opportunities to be inspired. 
Check them out!

504 Main How did I not know this blog existed until a few days ago?  Have I been living under a rock?  I saw this button on another blog (whose button I hope to feature someday).  I clicked on it because I liked it, and I was transported into some sort of bloggy paradise!  Holly, the creator of 504 Main is a creative genius, and I'm thanking her button for leading me to her blog in this button shout out.  I'm also slightly giddy about showing off Holly's button because she's a super busy gal - she's an extremely successful blogger, she's an author of some great wedding books, and she's a mama.  And even with all those things going on, she replied to my initial e-mail within an hour.  I about fell off my chair.  I'm a follower and a fan.  I hope you are too! 

1) How would you describe your blog to someone who hasn't read it yet?
504 MainMy blog is like my life...some days we hang out and chat, some days we craft, some days we make cookies, some days we make a mess! I want my blog to be comfortable and friendly like my home is {or a least think it is!}. I chose the name 504 Main because, "it could be anything, your home, the coolest restaurant, a hip hotel, a swanky lounge, a cool artists loft, your favorite coffee shop." You can read about that here, http://www.504main.com/2010/03/gal-behind-blog.html

2) Did you craft your button or did you commission someone else to craft it for you? If you crafted it, what program did you use? If someone else did, who?
This current button is a take-off on my header...I am all about having a complete and cohesive "package." Once we figured out what we were doing with the blog, the button just fell into place. I personally like a simple button that is easy to read. Diana {at the Girl Creative} created it when she redesigned my blog.

3) What was the inspiration behind your button? What did you want it to say about you or your blog?
When I first started to redesign my blog back in March, I was going for a whole different look...I said I wanted clean and modern and very simple....which is really not me or my style {anymore}. That was important to me because my blog is for me and I wanted it to be a true representation of me and my style. After looking at numerous digital kits and such I found this great photo of a brick wall and on it very small was "No. 5" - as with most things I love {like my wedding dress} I knew this was it - the look I had been searching for - right away.

I have a wedding blog too, www and I did do that button myself using photobucket.hipweddings.blogspot.com.
Hip Weddings

4) What kind of buttons stick out to you when you are poking around in the blog-world?
I will generally reciprocate a button grab. I do appreciate a simple well designed button - not too much stuff {text info, etc.} on it - with the right code! I want to be able to read it. But while I appreciate a good button, I mostly look for buttons of blogs that I feel are great assets and resource or good reads to those who read me.

5) What inspires you to keep blogging?
Although I am a published writer, my forte has been non-fiction {weddings specifically} and I never intended to be an author or writer at all! This blog pushes me to write and develop those skills. It has also renewed my creative endeavors. I had put a lot of "stuff" that I like to do on the back burner and with this blog, well, it is mine, it is for me, and I have started to create and design again.

I am inspired by the amazing women and men I have met out on the blog world - just think only one year ago, I thought blogging was ridiculous! There are so many talented people out there - great writers, great crafters, great DIYers, and simply great advice and information on life. I am truly amazed by the bloggers I find. I always love finding a new blog too!


6 Inches of Ribbon As you know if you've been around here for awhile, I'm addicted to two things - blog buttons and fabric remnants, but you may not have known that I'm also addicted to ribbon.  I love ribbon in all shapes, sizes, colors, patterns.  I just love ribbon.  That's why my ribbon antenna went right up when I saw this button pop off the page.  It's simple and it makes a statement.  Ashely, the blog creator and button designer of 6 Inches of Ribbon knew just what she was doing when she designed this little cutie!

6inchesofribbon1) What are five words you would use to describe your blog?
Crafts, Recipes, Family, Humor, Ribbons

2) How do you think your button reflects these five words?
Well, honestly I just love ribbon. That's really how I came up with the name of the blog and then the button came next. I try to use ribbon in a lot of craft things, but lately that hasn't been the case. I will def be trying to incorporate more ribbon in future crafts.

3) Did you craft your own button or did you commission/inspire someone else to craft it? If you crafted it, what program/software did you use? If someone else did, who?
I did the button all by myself using Photoshop CS4. The button was simple to make, it was the program that was hard to use.

4) If you are looking for inspiration, what is the one blog you would turn to?
Oh, there are so many out there... hmmm. probably Blue Cricket Designs. I adore her blog and find so many creative ideas off of there.

5) When you are looking through a blog roll of buttons, what button features catch your eye the most?
Most of the time it is the fun, bright colored ones.  I like the very modern look to a button as well. Your button says alot about your blog. That's one reason I chose two different fonts and kept it simple with a white background and one picture.


9 o'clock Dance of Joy Last but certainly not least is a button from a blog I've been following for a few months.  However, Kenzie at 9 o'clock Dance of Joy just had a little blog makeover and a shiny new button came right along with it.  It caught my eye right away.  First, because it's not your typical button shape.  Second because I'm a big fan of the font.  Third, because the color scheme is simple and elegant.  Go check out Kenzie's blog not just for her pretty button, but also for her great blog soundtrack.  I'm pretty sure we were music twins separated at birth because I love every song she has on her playlist.
   
1) What are five words you would use to describe your blog?
PhotobucketCrafting, DIY, Fun, Family, Mommy Time

2) How do you think your button reflects these five words?
It's pretty?!?! I don't know if my button necessarily reflects these words. I really wanted a simple and elegant button that I was in love with!

3) Did you craft your own button or did you commission/inspire someone else to craft it? If you crafted it, what program/software did you use? If someone else did, who?
I can take no credit for my button, the amazing Lauren at Designer Blogs {www.designerblogs.com} is the mastermind behind my button!

4) If you are looking for inspiration, what is the one blog you would turn to?
This is a hard one, there are so many amazing blogs that I stalk on a daily basis! I would have to say that Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming is always inspiring! I love all of her projects! She provides the most amazing tutorials and is one of the nicest people that I have met in blogland!

5) When you are looking through a blog roll of buttons, what button features catch your eye the most?
All of them! I love buttons! I would have to say that my favorite buttons tend to be simple and elegant with a gorgeous font or picture!


Go wander over to see Holly, Ashely and Kenzie to say hi, see some great buttons and blog designs and be inspired by the blogs behind the buttons.

Craft on!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

504 Main is one of my favorite blogs! I'll have to check out the other one too :)

Holly Lefevre said...

Thanks for the feature and the nice words. I am so excited to check out these other blogs!

Kenzie said...

Thank you so much for featuring me today! The other 2 blogs are amazing! Have a great night!

EllensCreativePassage said...

6 inches of ribbon is a great blog...one of my faves!
I am a new follower from TTA...love your blog!

Untypically Jia said...

Very cute blog you've got here! I'm a new follower from TTA!

http://colormeuntypical.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails