Saturday, November 20, 2010

advent calendars

I'm in the process of pondering our advent calendar this year.  Typically, we use an Advent devotional appropriate for children that we get from church.  However, this year I would like to have an actual Advent calendar that give the girls a tactile experience of pulling something out or opening something up. 

There have been a few Advent calendars linked up this week that provide some wonderful inspiration.  Check them out:




Go add your own advent calendar or other traditions here.

Tradition on!

4 comments:

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I have a wonderful advent calendar that I should send you......the pattern, that is. It's one that the women in our church made back in the 90's from one that I had made with a friend in the 80's. :-) And she had been given the pattern from someone who had made it in the 70's. Anyway, it has both a Bible verse for the day and a little quote to go with it. Several years ago I made one for my sister and made the little felt ornaments that go on the tree. It's really cute and truly about Advent. I know I have the pattern somewhere and will make every effort to find and send to you ASAP. I don't feel I can post it as I don't know the original designer.

Papgena Made It said...

An advent calendar is on my to-do-list for some time now but, I know that I won't do it this year, no time already!
I have one, in paper, that I bought to Unicef and my kid loves it. Also, every year there is allways someone who gives her an advent calendar with chocolat! She loves that too!! :D

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I will have to make one with my kids this year!

Louisa said...

Thanks for sharing Advent ideas with us! It's such fun sharing holiday traditions. I'm a big fan of Advent calendars. I think I'll have to make at least one every year until all my family and friends have one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails