Monday, November 22, 2010

holiday cooking in my dream kitchen

All this talk about traditions has me fantasizing . . .

. . . about kitchens. 

(I know that's not where you thought I was going with that.) 

But the holidays find me standing in the kitchen A LOT.  So when I think about making traditional sugar cookies with my kids, crafting a delicious holiday meal for my family, making sweet little treats to nibble on, I imagine myself in my dream kitchen with lots of natural light, stone counters, an undermount sink, a large pantry, and a kitchen island with kitchen bar stools for my kids to sit on and talk to me while I'm working in the kitchen.

Check out these beauties:


The top one is my favorite.  I can already see my kids sitting on a stool next to the bar ledge chatting away as I cook.  I thought I would never like an all white kitchen, but I've been "window" shopping for kitchens for a while now, and the second kitchen is one of my favs.  I think that's because it looks so bright and clean . . . I'm pretty sure if that was actually my kitchen it would never look like that. 

 I may not ever actually cook in a kitchen even close to any of these, but it's so fun to "window" shop on the web.

What kind of kitchen do you dream about cooking your holiday meals in?

Tradition on!

3 comments:

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

I love that first one too. :) I would just be happy with a kitchen that has more than 2 feet of usable counter top. I dream of acres of counters and rows of cabinets. Someday. ;)

Unknown said...

Ooh, pretty kitchens... I just dream of a kitchen with space... a stationary dishwasher... more than one power outlet... I don't even care what it looks like at this point but number one looks good to me. :)

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

I dream of a kitchen that can fit multiple people in it...AT ONE TIME. And a kitchen that has ample storage room for all my amazing tools. I dream of a room where I have space to assemble the most amazing of meals (cause if I had that kitchen, I would magically turn into an Iron Chef). Counterspace and floorspace, and storage space. deeeeep sigh.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails