Wednesday, November 3, 2010

pretend and play restaurant set: personalized ordering pad

Are you sick of me yet?  Do you roll your eyes every time I add something to one of my pretend and play sets?  I know . . . sometimes I roll my eyes at myself.  ;)

So far we've done the chef's hat, apron, oven mitts/pot holders, waitress/waiter apron.

I'm love making these pretend and play sets.  Once I start I just can't stop, and I love thinking of little details to make the sets unique and complete.  

This little ordering pad is one of those details.

This pad is so simple to make . . . here's what you need:
~a little flip notebook* (So cheap . . . I got four of these for $1.00.)
~fabric matching the rest of you set
~cardstock or poster board
~Mod Podge
~a print out of what you want for your restaurant logo (If I only had a Silhouette!)
~pencil and permanent marker

*I was planning on painting or covering the front of my notebooks with fabric, but I found the perfect color.  I love saving steps and making a project easier!

Here's what you do:
1)  Place the print out on the front of the pad.  Pushing very hard, trace the letters onto the pad with a pencil.  Use a permanent marker to trace the lines on the pad and color in the logo.  The restaurant sign I'm making says Sweet Sisters' Cafe, so the logo on the pad represents that name.

2)  Mod Podge the fabric cutouts onto poster board or cardstock.  Cut out.  Then paste onto a larger square of poster board or cardstock.

3)  Paste onto front of flip book.

Done!  Wow!  That was easy!

Craft on!

This post is sponsored by Arise Shine Designs.  Visit Arise Shine Designs for beautiful Scripture-inspired jewelry:
Photobucket


Check out the great parties I may link to by clicking on the blog name below or visiting my "I like to party" page that shows off all the party buttons.  These gals go to a lot of work to host these parties.  If you participate in parties please take time to look through a variety of the projects linked up.  They are a great source of inspiration!


Weekend - a little lovely, Craft Envy, Under the Table and DreamingBe Different Act Normal, A Vision to Remember, 504 Main - Tickled Pink, Funky Junk Interiors, Tatertots and Jello, I heart naptime


Monday - Keeping it Simple, Craft-O-Maniac, The Girl Creative, The Trendy Treehouse, CRAFT, Making the World Cuter, Mad in Crafts, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Between Naps on the Porch, Tools Are For WomenIt's So Very Cheri, Skip to My Lou, Sew Can Do, Polly Want a Crafter


Tuesday - All Thingz Related, Sugar Bee, New Nostalgia, Creative Itch, Lucky Star Lane, Hope Studios, These Creative Juices, My Delicious Ambiguity, Today's Creative Blog-Get Your Craft On!,


Wednesday - It's So Very Cheri, Beyond the Picket Fence, Blue Cricket DesignTrendy Treehouse, Tea Rose HomeSomeday Crafts, My Backyard Eden, Sew Much Ado, Night Owl Crafting


Thursday -  Fireflies and Jellybeans, Life As Lori, House of Hepworths, Somewhat Simple, Seven Thirty Three, The Train to Crazy, PonyTails and FishScales


Friday - The Sabby Nest, A Little Knick Knack, Fingerprints on the Fridge, It's Fun to Craft!, It's a Hodgepodge Life, Kojo Designs, Simply Sweet Home, Frou Frou Decor, Remodelaholic, Momma's Kinda Crafty

25 comments:

Lu said...

Cute and easy. My nieces are always taking our "pretend" orders (even without the benefit of the hat and apron) so the other day when they were taking orders for how many chicken nuggets I wanted, I told them 30, presuming that the gaggle of chicken nuggets would be like the triple chocolate milkshake that I ordered and never received. Well... they were actually taking dinner orders! My 6-year-old niece was SO frustrated to have to come back and explain that it was a real order and did I REALLY want 30 chicken nuggets or not? Oops. :)

Bree said...

Cute idea & I love the logo you've come up with!

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com said...

I honestly said, "Awwwww" when I saw your logo. ;) Really that is so sweet. What a great addition to the set!

Sarah said...

I love all your creative ideas! Thanks for inspiring all of us :)

Monica said...

Not sick of you!!! I am making these sets and the baby sets for about 4 or 5 kids this Christmas!!!! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!!

Sarah@sweetpeaandjojo.blogspot.com said...

darling!

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

that looks great, I love it. We will never get tired of your play sets, they're wonderful.

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

soo cute!! and you need to (well not need to, haha) come link up to Handmade Tuesday!!

Mod Podge Amy said...

Precious. I love this!

VickiT said...

Another adorable project to match the others. Oh, and YES, I would also just love a Silhouette myself.

Amber said...

It is amazing!! My son loves to play restaurant, he'd love this.

My Kids Make said...

seriously. i love it. I cant get enough of this set. If it wasn't so late I would run to the store and get fabric to make these things now! not only do we bake all the time in this house, but my kids ALWAYS play store, restaurant, pizza shop, (you name it). I have got to make these! thanks!!!!

Tiffany said...

This is so wonderful! I have made a restaurant kit for gifts but yours is super fabulous! Love it! The fabric is adorable.

Jana said...

I seriously love this!!

Link it up at my new linky party, http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2010/11/glam-party.html

tinahead81 said...

this is adorable!!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

This is so cute! My son loves to play restaurant, too.

CourtneyKeb said...

Seriously, that's awesome! !!!
Well done!!

Sabr said...

Just darling!

Kelsey Rose said...

Cute! Will have to make some sets like you've been showing us for my son when he gets a bit older. :)

Amy said...

Very cute! What a fun idea.

Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com said...

I love your idea! Its a great (looking) toy that I'm sure will be played with heaps!!


OK. I am inspired to invite you to come link up with us, so our readers can love you too: http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-craft-tutorial-linky-party-20/

Every Wednesday there will be a new party, so bookmark our home page and you can come back over and over again with great ideas and tutorials.

We look forward to showing your work.

Smiles,
Have a happy day!

Joy said...

This totally makes the set! My daughter loves little notepads. Thanks for linking to Fantabulous Friday!

Elizabeth said...

Adorable! Would love for you to link up to Made with Love Monday at Sew Chatty! http://bit.ly/bSsG5b

Pamela said...

Sweet and such a fun gift! These are the gifts children LOVE. And it's a gift that will live on by tapping into their creativity.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Goodness Elizabeth - this is adorable! You need to open a kiddie shop - I could get all my Christmas shopping done in one stop! Amazing as always! Thansk for linking to The Sunday Showcase! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Related Posts with Thumbnails