**Two days left to enter to win the rock and roll earrings. Click here to find out how to enter.**
Pot holders and oven mitts don't really need a tutorial . . . and yet, I'm doing one anyway. It's a disease!
The pretend and play restaurant set is well underway!
Now we have coordinating oven mitts and pot holders.
Here's what you need:
Here's what you do for the oven mitt:
1) Trace child's hand and use the traced hand to make sure the oven mitt will be larger than the hand. Or trace around a child's mitten adding a few inches all the way around perimeter for the oven mitt pattern. Leave an extra 1/2 inch on the bottom of the non-fleece mitt shape. Cut out two mitt shapes for each oven mitt.
2) Cut the bottom of the fleece mitt shape with pinking shears.
3) Pin the two mitt shapes right sides together just at one side.
4) Double fold the end of the non-fleece mitt shape and pin. With a zigzag stitch sew a hem down the bottom of the mitts pinned together.
5) Pin the mitt shapes right sides together all the way around. Sew. Clip rounded corners and turn.
Oven mitts done!
The pot holders are pretty self-explanatory . . . so let me explain them ;). Cut out two squares. Pin them right sides together. Sew around leaving a turning hole. Clip corners. Turn. Top stitch around edge closing up turning hole in the process.
Check out the great parties I may link to by clicking on the blog name below or visiting my "I like to party" page that shows off all the party buttons. These gals go to a lot of work to host these parties. If you particpate in parties please take time to look through a variety of the projects linked up. They are a great source of inspiration!
Weekend - a little lovely, Craft Envy, Under the Table and Dreaming, Be Different Act Normal, A Vision to Remember, 504 Main - Tickled Pink, Funky Junk Interiors, Tatertots and Jello, I heart naptime
Monday - Keeping it Simple, Craft-O-Maniac, The Girl Creative, The Trendy Treehouse, CRAFT, Making the World Cuter, Mad in Crafts, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Between Naps on the Porch, Tools Are For Women, It's So Very Cheri, Skip to My Lou, Sew Can Do, Polly Want a Crafter
Tuesday - All Thingz Related, Sugar Bee, New Nostalgia, Creative Itch, Lucky Star Lane, Hope Studios, These Creative Juices, My Delicious Ambiguity, Today's Creative Blog-Get Your Craft On!,
Wednesday - It's So Very Cheri, Beyond the Picket Fence, Blue Cricket Design, Trendy Treehouse, Tea Rose Home, Someday Crafts, My Backyard Eden, Sew Much Ado, Night Owl Crafting
Thursday - Fireflies and Jellybeans, Life As Lori, House of Hepworths, Somewhat Simple, Seven Thirty Three, The Train to Crazy, PonyTails and FishScales
Friday - The Sabby Nest, A Little Knick Knack, Fingerprints on the Fridge, It's Fun to Craft!, It's a Hodgepodge Life, Kojo Designs, Simply Sweet Home, Frou Frou Decor, Remodelaholic, Momma's Kinda Crafty