Tuesday, October 5, 2010

tuesday's true confession part 2: crafting with the stars

This post is so chocked full of confessions I don't even know where to begin . . .

First I confess that I watched one season of Dancing with the Stars.  I was sucked in because Shawn Johnson was a contestant, and she is from my hometown.  She's probably 15 years younger than I am, so I really don't know her from Eve (or Adam).  However, for some reason I liked to watch her dance. 

But that was the one and only season I watched, so I'm ashamed to confess that when I heard about Sew Dang Cute's Crafting with the Stars competition, I thought to myself, "Hmm . . . that a catchy name. I wonder where she came up with that."  Duh . . . I wish I could say that it didn't take me a day or two to figure out the connection between Crafting with the Stars and Dancing with the Stars

So . . . I confess that I'm slow, but even though I'm slow I'm putting this pretend and play mommy (or daddy) set in Sew Dang Cute's Crafting with the Stars.

So here's a recap:

Doll Bassinet Carrier - Part 1 & Part 2



I also confess that I'm pretty sure this set isn't even half as cool as the majority of the projects linked up so far.  Go check them out and throw your own into the mix!


 
Craft on!

10 comments:

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

I entered too. ;) I'm a sucker for a competition. haha. And I think your set is twice as cool as other projects. I mean that in the nicest possible way to the other projects haha.

baby gifts said...

I really love your "pretend and play mommy" set! I'm pretty sure that little girls will love playing that. I would also love to try making that for my daughter. Anyway, good luck on the competition.

Sarah said...

Love that set!!

I have an award for you on my blog if you want it:
http://craftingandcreativity.blogspot.com/2010/10/i-present-happy-101-blog-award-to.html

Sarah

Mandy Beyeler said...

I'm sure you'll make it in - that's an awesome set! Maybe we can be competitors, but my entry isn't near as fabulous as yours!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Ooh, what a cool contest...STAR POWER for sure! Good luck, I hope you are selected!! :)

So, wanna see the bassinet that I made???

http://beinglds.blogspot.com/2010/10/homemade-baby-doll-bassinet.html

Anna said...

I just love the doll carrier, how cute is that!!

Unknown said...

Wow there are so many entries in this competition! I don't know how they'll ever narrow it down to twelve but you've got my vote for sure. Your pretend and play set is definitely twice as cool as everything else. Except for maybe that one... or that one... ;)

We Joneses said...

Found your blog through the crafting with the stars competition-- this project turned out wonderfully! I love the little wipes container. Hope you make the competition!

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

that's very cute, but don't feel bad, you probably don't watch a lot of TV. That's what happens when you craft, you just don't watch TV all that much.

happy crafting!

Meg said...

good luck! I happen to love your set dangit! :P

Just wanted to let you know I have chosen you to receive a blog award!http://bugcreator.blogspot.com/2010/10/happy-101.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails