So grab a fork and get ready to dig in!!!!
There are two different ways to make these:
1) Use the recipe below for dairy-free, egg-free cake brownies.
2) Buy a box of fudge brownie mix throw in a 1/2 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips while mixing the ingredients together and jump down to step
Here's what you need for the brownies:
~3/4 cup all-purpose flour
~3/4 cup whole wheat flour
~1/2 teaspoon salt
~1 cup white sugar
~1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
~1 teaspoon baking soda
~1/4 cup of vegetable oil
~1/4 cup of applesauce
~1 tablespoon white vinegar
~1 teaspoon vanilla extract
~1/2 cup water
~1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Here's what you need for topping:
~2 cups of marshmallows
~1 cup of chocolate chips
~caramel ice cream topping as desired
~2 cups crushed graham crackers
~1 cup of peanuts (optional . . . I love peanuts and put them on everything I can . . . but leave them off if you want.)
Here's what you do:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan. (I usually double the recipe above and bake in a 9 x 13 pan when we have company or a party to make this for.)
2) In a large bowl, combine both flours, salt, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Mix well with a fork, then stir in oil, applesauce, vinegar, and vanilla extract. When dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened, pour in water and stir until batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared pan.
3) Bake in preheated oven. Bake the recipe above for about 25 minutes or until knife inserted into middle comes out almost clean but not completely clean. Bake the brownie mix according to package directions but pull out five minutes early or when knife inserted into middle comes out almost clean.
4) Sprinkle marshmallows, chocolate chips, peanuts, broken graham crackers over brownies. Drizzle with caramel topping. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
5) Cool for a few minutes. Cut. Enjoy!