Tuesday, October 12, 2010

a surprise and showing off

I have a surprise for you tomorrow . . . I've been working on a couple new themes for pretend and play sets.  I've discovered that I really like doing these themed play sets, so I needed to add a couple more to the pretend and play mail carrier set and the pretend and play mommy (or daddy) set.  I'm so excited to show you in the next couple of days.  Any guesses what the themes are? 

From time to time, some amazing crafters send me pics or links of projects they've done using one of my tutorials.  I LOVE that!  It's so amazing to see others inspired to create handmade gifts.  And truth be told, these lovely ladies are better at my executing my tutorials than I am.  ;)






Craft on!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

My guess: a pretend and play restaurant that includes a salad, a beetle, and a slacker assistant manager. Wouldn't that be fun for the kids to "pretend"? ;)

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Yaya! There's my baby's birthday present! I can hardly wait to give it to her! Thanks for the tutorial! Also...I like Lu's guess! Right on! :)

janimal said...

Lu had a funny guess!
I think a play work set. Laptop, coffee cup, and really small paycheck!
Those little pics are gorgeous. What lucky kids get those!

Kristi said...

Oh.My.Goodness. !!! Do you know what a STRANGE feeling it is to be checking Twelve Crafts Till Christmas and see this "toy" that "looks so....familiar...hmmm", and then realize that is because I MADE IT and sent you the picture!! Holy COW! Strange moment for me! Thank you for posting it, but MORE SO thank you for making that tutorial!! My daughter and niece both LOVE their bassinets, and can't stop playing with them! And that's because of YOU!! You are AWESOME!! Thank you again! And by the way....I made a baby doll changing table and posted the tutorial on my blog....just so it could complement the bassinet! :)
http://piecesforreese.blogspot.com/2010/10/baby-doll-changing-table-or-bunk-bed.html
Thanks again!!! Kristi

stephaniegiese said...

I'm excited to see what you have in store! I hope it's a back pack filled with felt school supplies to play school. That was my favorite thing to pretend when I was little! (no big surprise that I became a teacher.)

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

those are so cute, wish I had a little girl, better yet, wish I had that set when I was a little girl! lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails