Sunday, October 31, 2010

i'm baaaack!

And thanks to the post scheduler you didn't even know I was gone.  I love that it's possible to schedule posts for a few days.

Last week was CRAZY!  The first part of the week began with a major internet access problem . . . I was without internet access for a few days.  I thought I was going to lose my mind without access to all the lovely blogs that I read.  ;)  But then I received a call from my dad that my grandma had been rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night with what they thought was a stroke.  We were able to pack up and head out of town to visit her and spend some time with family.  Tests revealed heart issues instead.  She had a pacemaker put in and was able to return to their retirement home a few days later.  Look at how well she's doing:

It's so amazingly meaningful to see my children with my grandparents.  After a little pep talk, my super active girls did so well playing quietly, coloring pictures, behaving their absolute best during our entire visit.  I was so proud of them!

We stayed with my parents during our visit.  My parents did a great job of filling the girls up with cupcakes and tootsie rolls . . . notice the orange frosting circling their mouths.

While I was away, I had limited time and access to attend to blog-related e-mails and questions.  So . . . I'm asking for your grace and patience as I get back into my blogging routine and wade through my e-mails.  Basically, if you left a question in the comment section or e-mailed me anytime after Tuesday morning, I will respond . . . it just might take a few days.  

Don't forget to enter the giveaway from The Felted Pear on Saturday's Stuff Your Stockings.

Tomorrow, I have partnered with one of my super sponsors for a great giveaway, so keep your eyes open for ways to enter here and on facebook throughout the week.

Craft on!

9 comments:

chris said...

What a relief that your grandmother is okay. It is such a blessing for your girls to know their great-grandparents. Hope this weeks is quieter for you.

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Elizabeth I'm so glad you're Grandmother is doing well now. What a scary thing. But how neat that your kids have a chance to know your grandparents. It looks like you all had a good visit. :)

Laura said...

I'm glad you had a great visit! It's amazing what technology can do...I remember when I found out I could schedule posts. Amazing!

Cate Brickell said...

glad to hear your grandma is doing well!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

You totally look like your mom...oh and I had limited access to the internet for a few hours last night...so I scrapbooked to keep from freaking out! LOL

Jocelyn Christensen said...

BTW - Is that Me-Jocelyn on the earrings announcement??? Or another Jocelyn? I can't find the post where you announced winners...

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you were able to have a good visit and that grandma is doing well.

And I agree with Jocelyn... you totally look like your mom... and your girls totally look like you. The circle of life. :)

Sarah@sweetpeaandjojo.blogspot.com said...

great photos! Kids in the nursing home is always tough! Glad they did well.

Papgena Made It said...

I'm very glad that your grandmother is ok!
I agree with the others, your mother, you and your kids are definitly related!!! ;) (and good looking too)
I must learn that google reader trick!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails