The Little Chef's Apron
for personal, non-commercial use only
Here's what you need:
2 - 15 x 22 inch rectangles (body of apron)
2 - 5 x 11 inch rectangles (long pocket on bottom half of apron)
2 - 4 1/2 x 5 inch pieces (smaller pocket on upper half of apron)
2 - 2 x 30 inch pieces of fabric (neck strap)
1 - 18 inch piece of elastic
2 - 2 x 18 inch pieces of fabric (waist strap)
1 - 2 inch strip of hook and loop (to attach to waist strap and apron body)
Here's what you do:
3) Put the smaller pocket pieces right sides together. (I rounded the bottom of these pieces for a rounded pocket.) Follow the same steps for the long pocket to sew and attach pocket to upper half of apron body.
4) Pin 2 x 30 inch pieces right sides together. Sew down each long side leaving both short ends open. Turn. Top stitch down each long end of tube. Attach safety pin to elastic strip and insert into long tube. Make sure to pin the other end to the edge of the fabric strip when it is pulled even with the end. Bunch fabric up around elastic and sew ends.
5) Sew one side of hook and loop to 1 of the 2 x 18 inch waist strap rectangles. Sew the other side of the hook and loop to the body piece that does NOT have the pockets. (Make sure you sew it around where the waist is on the child . . . about an inch under the arch.)
6) Pin the two 2 x 18 pieces right sides together and sew around three sides (two long side and the one short side closest to the hook or loop). Turn and top stitch around the same three sides.
7) Pin waist strap to back body piece on the opposite side of the hook and loop. Make sure that the hook and loop on the waist strap folds under and matches up with the hook and loop on the body of the apron.
8) Pin neck strap in a u-shape around the top of the body of the apron. Sandwich in between the two body pieces right sides together. Pin. Sew around leaving a turning hole.
9) Turn and top stitch closing up opening in the process.
Coming up later this week . . . hot pads/oven mitts.
Check out the great parties I may link to by clicking on the blog name below or visiting my "I like to party" page that shows off all the party buttons. These gals go to a lot of work to host these parties. If you participate in parties please take time to look through a variety of the projects linked up. They are a great source of inspiration!
Weekend - a little lovely, Craft Envy, Under the Table and Dreaming, Be Different Act Normal, A Vision to Remember, 504 Main - Tickled Pink, Funky Junk Interiors, Tatertots and Jello, I heart naptime
Monday - Keeping it Simple, Craft-O-Maniac, The Girl Creative, The Trendy Treehouse, CRAFT, Making the World Cuter, Mad in Crafts, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Between Naps on the Porch, Tools Are For Women, It's So Very Cheri, Skip to My Lou, Sew Can Do, Polly Want a Crafter
Tuesday - All Thingz Related, Sugar Bee, New Nostalgia, Creative Itch, Lucky Star Lane, Hope Studios, These Creative Juices, My Delicious Ambiguity, Today's Creative Blog-Get Your Craft On!,
Wednesday - It's So Very Cheri, Beyond the Picket Fence, Blue Cricket Design, Trendy Treehouse, Tea Rose Home, Someday Crafts, My Backyard Eden, Sew Much Ado, Night Owl Crafting
Thursday - Fireflies and Jellybeans, Life As Lori, House of Hepworths, Somewhat Simple, Seven Thirty Three, The Train to Crazy, PonyTails and FishScales
Friday - The Sabby Nest, A Little Knick Knack, Fingerprints on the Fridge, It's Fun to Craft!, It's a Hodgepodge Life, Kojo Designs, Simply Sweet Home, Frou Frou Decor, Remodelaholic; Momma's Kinda Crafty