Saturday, November 27, 2010

one of my traditions: holiday cards

I have a secret . . . I have this tradition that I've been debating about whether to continue . . .

holiday cards!

About a month ago I started thinking about other ways I could simplify the holidays.  I would like our holiday celebrations to be simple enough that we aren't too busy and less costly so that we aren't too focused on material things during this time of year. 

One of the first things on my yearly to-do list for Christmas is designing and ordering our holiday cards.

This tradition takes quite a bit of time and it costs quite a bit of money, so without a second thought, I crossed it off the list. 

I mentioned this decision to my husband, and he made a frowny face.  So I've been reevaluating the decision.  I decided if I could either: 1) find a way to make them cost less or 2) find a way to make the cards take less time, I would keep the tradition.

Enter Shutterfly!! 

I can design and order my cards quickly while sitting in the comfort of my home, and they have incredible holiday deals to save me (and you) money. Plus, if you are a blogger Shutterfly has an opportunity for you to earn 50 free holiday cards*.

I'm going to have a hard time choosing which holiday card template to choose.  But I'm loving this one today:

And I'm definitely going to do a few calendars for simple gifts this year for great grandparents and great aunts and uncles.

So it looks like I will have to find something else to cross off the holiday to-do list because this tradition will keep on keeping on!

Tradition on!

*This post is part of this 50 free cards deal.

2 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

I'm glad you told me about this! I love Christmas cards, but we've never done our own personalized ones...maybe this'll be our year! :)

Toia said...

I think I like the template you have chosen. Thanks for sharing!!! I might check out that website. Someone else had mention this on their blog!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails