Tuesday, November 9, 2010

tuesday's true confession: i steal from my children

Yikes!

If you follow twelve crafts on Facebook, you've already had a sneak peak into my confession today.  (And by the way, if you don't "like" twelve crafts on Facebook, you can . . . if you want to.  All you have to do is push that little button in the FB box on the sidebar.  Don't you love my shameless promotion?!)

Back to the topic at hand . . . I confess that late at night after the girls are tucked into bed (and talking to themselves non-stop in their beds), I sneak over to THE cabinet in the kitchen, open it quietly and take one . . . okay, two . . . alright, three pieces of candy from their stash.  

I can't help myself.  I'm a sucker (interesting choice of words) for Milk Duds and Whoppers.  I can't resist them.  I tell myself that they are little . . . I mean, who can stop after three Whoppers? 

Seriously, who? 

That's not even close to enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.

I'm going to have to stop soon, or they are going to start to notice.

Maybe I'll just have to go buy my own stash! 

Please . . . tell me I'm not the only one who steals from her children!

Confess on!

    

13 comments:

Brenbren said...

I am sure you are not the only one.....because I too have been known to sneak from the stash. Although, this year, I was really good and just let the gobble it down, then I threw away the rest. I ate a few pieces....(OKAY! A LOT of pieces:) and realized this was not going help my pants get looser on me. So, into the trash it went.

*kate said...

You mean there are parents who don't steal candy from their children??

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Well since I've already confessed that I'm a big candy snitcher, I'll confess this.
I brought three bags of candy for Trick or Treaters. Guess how many came to the door? zero. nada. zip.
Guess what I'm doing with all that candy? Yep. Eating it.

Oooh. I'm grabbing a Traditions button for my sidebar!!

Unknown said...

Isn't the point of having children to steal their candy? I thought that was the origination of the phrase "taking candy from a baby" but maybe I'm confused...

Quimby said...

Stealing is unpleasant, shameful, and wrong.

I prefer to call it 'nationalising."

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

They certainly shouldn't be eating it all. We are actually doing them a favor by eating some of it for them. They should be thanking us:)

Tracy said...

when the kids were tiny I used to have the odd piece or two ( can't count) but now there is only one of 4 left at home I dont take as i feel mean

Michelle said...

Oh, we're in the candy bowl from Halloween and the kids know it too! Ha, I think of it as teaching them to share:-)

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

My 5-yr-old is sweet. Her candy is not in a cookie jar on the fireplace mantle and she LOVES the power of us having to ask if they can have a piece. I've rarely heard her say no, but don't you dare try sneaking a piece if she's anywhere near. You're safe if she's at preschool or in bed.

the thrifty ba said...

hello?! why do you think i gain an extra few lbs after halloween every year?

VickiT said...

HA You are too funny. Yes, Mom, you might want to go get your own stash if for no other reason than to resupply theirs. Take it from an old Mom way beyond those years, if you take enough those poor starving for candy (NOT) children WILL notice.

Meg said...

Well let's just put it this way... my 9 month old that can't eat anything but peanut butter cups went trick or treating this year and for some reason his candy is disappearing. I don't know where it went but I have gained like 2 lbs and no matter what I do I can't seem to get rid of it nor can I stop the candy from disappearing. I have tried hiding it (the weight and the candy) but it just doesn't work!

Chelsi said...

I'm so mean that once they bring the candy home, unless there's something really special or unique in their candy stash, the candy all becomes family candy. We put it in a big bowl, generally on top of the fridge, and it hangs out there for months, getting eaten very slowly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails