If you "like" twelve crafts on Facebook, you know that someone from my real life secretly left me a gift bag full of Milk Duds and Whoppers after my confession on Tuesday.
It was an exciting moment . . . yes, I have pretty low standards for excitement. ;) But seriously, I still don't have a clue who did it, and I've been on the case since Wednesday night. I might have to hire Matlock . . . oh, wait that makes me sound like a dork who really likes 80s and 90s mystery shows like Matlock and Murder She Wrote and Remington Steele and . . . I better stop now before I embarrass myself. Too late?
Anywho . . . I have my own stash of my favorite candies now . . . although it's getting smaller by the minute . . . I can't stop eating these sweet little pieces of serenity. I figured I better do something with the small bit left before I guzzle them all down, so I found this recipe. I can't wait to try it!!! I'm hoping that my stash makes it long enough for me to whip these together tomorrow because nothing says moderation like adding peanut butter, regular butter, sugar and brown sugar to Milk Duds!
MILK DUD COOKIES
1 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 lg. box Milk Dud candy
1) Beat butter, peanut butter, and sugars until creamy.
2) Add eggs.
3) Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to mix.
4) Chill thoroughly.
5) Roll mix into 1 inch balls. Press Milk Dud into center and roll dough around candy.
6) Roll in sugar and bake on ungreased cookie sheet.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies start to crack on top.
8) Eat at least four right away . . . well, wait until they cool a bit first silly!
Quick & Easy DIY Halloween Party Photo Booth
4 hours ago