If it is, we do!
Truthfully, though this recipe is probably my favorite of all of the recipes I've shared. It is not my husband's favorite or my daugthers' favorite, but it is definitely mine. I could probably eat this two or three times a week . . . easily!!!!
Pasta and Veggie TossHere's what you need:
~1 box of whole grain pasta (I like to use Barilla medium shells or bow ties.)
~1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (divided in half)
~1 garlic clove pressed or 1/2 tsp of minced garlic in a jar
~1 carrot peeled and thinly sliced into coins
~2 cups broccoli floret
~2 cups green peas (I recommend frozen not canned)
~1 cup sweet red or orange or yellow pepper chopped
~1 cup grape tomatoes sliced
~1 cup water
~5 basil leaves chopped
~1/4 dried oregano
~1 Tbsp parsley chopped
~1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
~salt and pepper to taste
Here's what you do:
1) Cook pasta according to package directions.
2) Saute garlic in 1/4 cup of olive oil for two to three minutes.
3) Add carrots, broccoli, green peas and sweet peppers to olive oil and saute three to five minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4) Add cup of warm water and summer until veggies are tender.
5) Add tomatoes.
6) Drain pasta and toss into veggie mixture.
7) Add herbs, remaining olive oil and Parmesan cheese and stir together.
This post is sponsored by Arise Shine Designs. Visit Arise Shine Designs for beautiful Scripture-inspired jewelry: