Friday, July 9, 2010

i'm presenting awards after lots of procrastination

Have I mentioned that I am a horrible very successful procrastinator? 

I have been given four awards in the last three months, and I am just now getting around to passing them out.  Yikes!  I hope these lovely ladies can forgive me for taking so long to thank them.  (Although I did thank the givers of the Beautiful Blogger Award back in May, I just didn't get around to passing it out.)

I have confessed to you before that 1) I am a procrastinator and 2) I don't like to follow directions.  So in keeping with these characteristics, I'm not exactly following the directions of each individual award.  Rather, I'm making up my own rules by combining the rules of the various awards.  Here are my new made-up rules:
  1. I'm thanking the bloggers who so kindly gave me the awards.
  2. I'm posting only four things about myself because if you are a reader, you know stuff about me already . . . maybe more than you want to. ;)
  3. I'm passing each award on to just one blog each - a total of four blogs.  I only picked blogs with under 100 followers and blogs that I have NOT featured yet either through a project or a Monday's Buttons post.  These blogs and bloggers deserve some shout outs! 
  4. The receivers of these awards don't have to do any of these rules.  They can simply acknowledge that they received an award (if they want to) and do whatever they want with it.
Four Things About Myself
1)  I'm going to be 33 in a few short weeks, but for some reason, I keep thinking I'm more like 23.
2)  I've lived in China and London and loved every minute of it.
3)  I desperately need a haircut.
4)  My husband says I have ugly feet . . . and I TOTALLY AGREE!


Number 1
Michelle at A-Tisket A-Tasket gave me a new award that I haven't seen before, The Cherry on Top Award.  Michelle shows off some great children's books on her blog.  I love children's books!  Thanks Michelle!

I'm giving this award to . . .

Miss Sews-it-all.  I pretend to sew.  This gal really sews . . . REALLY!  She makes me want to be the better sewer I will probably never be. 


Number 2
Calista at Calista's Ramblings passed on the Versatile Blogger award.  Thanks Calista!

And the winner is . . . 

Mama E over at Home and Hearts has it all on her blog - crafts, music, books, deep thoughts, clever ideas . . . talk about versatile. Golf clap for Mama E! 


Numbers 3 & 4
The Beautiful Blog Award by both Felt Like Stitchin' and Papgena Made It.   I'm so thankful to both the gals behind these blogs for passing on some beauty to me. 
And this award goes to (drum roll, please!) . . .

Cate at {life behind the purple door}.  There is something entirely beautiful about Cate's blogging style.  She has some truly inspiring posts! (And her kids are cute too!)

and

Kelley over at Kelley Highway has sort of been with me since the beginning of this blog.  Although I don't know her in "real" life.  I've come to know her as a beautiful and encouraging person.  Thanks Kelley!  You are definitely a beautiful blogger!


Whether you gave or received an award, you have all inspired me to . . .

craft on!

5 comments:

Erica said...

Elizabeth! Thank you! Golf clap back at you!
I think I just might pass the award on...if I can find the time.
Also, I haven't told you how much I appreciate your comments. You are a devoted blog reader. I love that!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Congratulations on your awards. Very well deserved!

Xenia said...

Congratulations on your awards - I don't want to tell you how bad I am at posting them as well, it's pretty embarrassing.

I'm your newest follow from New Friend Friday!

http://www.thanksmailcarrier.com

Cate Brickell said...

thanks Elizabeth! you've made my heart smile!

Cate

Anonymous said...

I’m currently being held prisoner by the Russian mafia [url=http://www.buypenisenlargement.com]penis enlargement[/url] penis enlargement and being forced to post spam comments on blogs and forum! If you don’t approve this they will kill me. [url=http://www.male-sexual-styles.com]penis enlargement[/url] penis enlargement They’re coming back now. [url=http://vimax3-4.com]vimax[/url] vimax Please send help! nitip [url=http://www.male-sexual.com]penis enlargement[/url] penis enlargement

Related Posts with Thumbnails