Monday, July 12, 2010

monday's buttons - week 8

Remember when I showed you how to make chewing gum? Now you can, go here to enter and win your complete all-natural gum
(or chocolate or gummies candy) making kit! 


Three more beautiful buttons this week.
Last week's button were bold and bright.
This week's buttons are understated and elegant.
Enjoy!

3 Little Ones  Jackie is one busy mom of three, creator of a great blog and designer of a simple, clear, beautiful button. I have a thing for black/white/grey toned buttons, and the button for 3 Little Ones definitely feeds my craving.

1) What are five words you would use to describe your blog?
kids, family, green, frugal, fun

2) How do you think your button reflects these five words?
I think my button definitely lets you know that my blog tends to focus on my kids. I love to write about other things, but my kids are sometimes the easiest to write about - spending a day with them (or in my case, everyday) gives you lots of stories to laugh about!

3) Did you craft your own button or did you commission/inspire someone else to craft it? If you crafted it, what program/software did you use? If someone else did, who?
Yes, I made my own :) I really wanted to have blog makeover done but didn't want to pay for it. So after some experimenting with pictures of my kids and playing around with paint.net (a free program that is very user friendly!) I came up with my banner and button. If you asked me when I started my blog last year if I would be able to make my own banner and button, I would have said you were crazy!

4) If you are looking for inspiration, what is the one blog you would turn to?
I love reading so many other blogs - one that I tend to look to look to a lot is Theta Mom - I started my blog around the same time she started hers and I'm inspired with how successful she has been.

5) When you are looking through a blog roll of buttons, what button features catch your eye the most?
I love blog buttons that have photos in them and I like for them to be easy to read. The simpler the better :)

 

From an Igloo  I just discovered From an Igloo this week.  I know . . . I know . . . I must be living under a rock!  As usual, I am the last to know about a fabulous blog.  Christine, the creator of From an Igloo, has a fabulous sense of style demonstrated in her super chic blog button.  She inspired someone to make this button for her, and I am loving the color combo and the simple but elegant design.  Here's what Christine had to say about her button:
 
1) How would you describe your blog to someone who has never visited?
My blog is a sewing/craft blog with the odd tasty treat thrown in the mix. I hope my blog inspires someone to make something hand made.

2) What do you think your button says about your blog? What do you like best about your button?
I hope my button says that my blog is unique! :)

3) Did you craft your own button or did you commission/inspire someone else to craft it? If you crafted it, what program/software did you use? If someone else did, who?
Carly, from Playful Pickles Designs designed my button for me.

4) If you are looking for inspiration, what is the one blog you would turn to?
If I'm looking for crafty inspiration I either turn to One Pretty Thing or UCreate. If I'm looking for personal inspiration I read my friend Beth's blog who is a cancer survivor.

5) When you are looking through a blog roll of buttons, what button features catch your eye the most?
To be honest, usually it is the name of a blog that catches my interest the most, and maybe not necessarily the features of the button.



The Paper Pony  Bethany, the mastermind behind The Paper Pony, linked her button up on my blog button page.  (Go link yours up here and you might be featured next week.)

1) How would you sum up your blog in one sentence?
It began as a way to document projects and then, I started adding more and more notes so the many mistakes wouldn’t be repeated because I always think I can do more than I actually can which turned into full-on tutorials so anyone could make the projects as more people became interested and I learned how to take better photos and this is turning into one heckava run-on sentence! **I love how Bethany turned this into the longest sentence ever created.  She told me I could edit it, but I left it this way because it made me smile.  I hope it makes you smile too ;)**

2) What does your button say about your blog?
I hope it says “simplicity” because that’s kind of my philosophy about things- I don’t always follow it- but I want to. Also, “Hey, that chick seems like my kind of people” would be a nice thing for people to think about it.

3) Did you craft the button yourself? If so, what program did you use? If someone else crafted it for you, who?
I used Microsoft Publisher and some simple free-graphics. I think it’s pretty obvious that I don’t have any graphic design experience. I will be updating it soon, but it won’t change much. I just want the pony design to be my own- something no one else has and luckily, I happen to know an excellent horse artist (my mom).

4) When you look at a blogroll of buttons, what are that features of buttons that stick out to you the most?
Buttons that aren’t too busy and that are clear and easy to read.

5) If you could only hop over to ONE blog today, what blog would it be
Ooh, that’s a tough one. There are so many good ones and I’m discovering new ones every day. It would have to be One Pretty Thing. Then I could see lots of great ideas all at once and multiple times per day (she must be one of the hardest working bloggers out there!)


Go check out the blogs behind the buttons and don't forget to say "HI!" to each one of these lovely bloggers while you're visiting.  You'll find some great inspiration to ...

craft on!

4 comments:

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

loved all the buttons, specially the 3 little ones, it's just adorable.

Tracy F. said...

Love your blog! I am following you from Marketing Monday.

Tracy

www.cutorcopyandpaste.blogspot.com

Jackie said...

thanks for featuring my blog button :)

Nanny Dee said...

Love this feature -- fun not only to see the buttons, but I like learning more about the bloggers behind them.

Found you through 3littleones, and since I'm a crafty person wanna-be, now I am following you too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails