This stocking stuffer was completely inspired by Fawnda and Jeannine over at Fireflies and Jellybeans. You might remember how I obsessed over soda cans for a few months after participating in their first ever Iron Crafter Challenge. I love being challenged to make something out of a random object, so this challenge is right up my alley. The Iron Crafter is on round three now, and the secret ingredient . . . knobs and/or hinges. Hmmm . . . let my new obsession begin!!!!!!
This tic tac toe knob game is going to be the perfect stocking stuffer for my oldest daughter who loves to play tic tac toe and is trying to teach our little Monkey to play . . . it's not going well, but by Christmas I have a feeling they'll both be tic tac toe masters.
Tic Tac Toe Knob Magnet Game Tutorial
What you need to grab:
-10 knobs with a large enough base to glue a magnet on
-scrap paper in contrasting patterns or colors
-round magnets slightly smaller than the base of the knob (make sure you pick a strong magnet)
-random stuff like pen, scissors, paint brush
What you need to do:
1) Trace the top of your knobs on the back of scrapbook paper.
2) Cut out these traced pieces, and trim to fit on top of knob.
3) Mod Podge onto knobs. Let dry. Mod Podge second coat. Let dry.
4) Cut four magnet strips equal in length.
5) Trace strips onto back of scrapbook paper. Cut out.
6) Mod Podge scrapbook strips on to non-magnetic side of of magnet strips. Let dry.
7) Use hot glue to affix round magnets to knob ends.
8) Use hot glue to assemble magnet strips into tic tac toe board.
9) Done! Get ready to play tic tac toe on your fridge!