Monday, July 26, 2010

pics of me - they say it's my birthday . . .

Tomorrow is my birthday!  I love birthdays - not just mine but all birthdays!  Each birthday is special and wonderful!  My husband asked me which birthday has been my favorite, and I can't choose because I remember favorite things about each one.

Recently, a bloggy friend noticed that in one of the pics I posted of my family, I look completely different from my profile pic.  She was right, so I went back and looked at various pictures of my throughout the last few years.  I noticed four things:

1) That I have gotten older.  Even though I still think of myself as 23 or 24, I am actually 33.  And that's okay.  I like getting wiser with each passing year . . . or at least I hope I'm getting wiser.

2) I definitely look different from year to year . . . almost like a completely different person actually.  That's so odd!

3)  I don't have very many pictures of myself, and even less after I started having children.

4) I've let myself go.  With each passing year and each child there has been less time to do the things I used to do - hair, make-up, exercise, etc.  I think this is the year I'm going to reclaim myself . . . not at the expense of my family or my job.  But I think if I get creative with my time, I can do a few things that help me feel more like me.  That's the best birthday gift I can give myself!

These are all pictures from either on or around my birthday over the past few years - documentation of the letting myself go process.

2004
 

2005

2006

2007

2009

Just thought I would share a glimpse of myself for my birthday since I don't do that very often.  I'm off to celebrate with my husband for the day!  But I hope you . . .

Craft on!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Letting yourself go? I think NOT! But I will say that reclaiming the things that used to make you, YOU, is a very good venture! I've also gotta say that you've got GREAT hair! All those pictures are great. That top one looks most like your profile picture that I am used to seeing! What a cutie!

Erica said...

I think you look cute in all of these photos! I know how you feel though. Happy birthday!!!

Katie Olthoff said...

I think you look adorable - doesn't look to me like you've let yourself go. I love your 2007 hair!

Kenzie said...

Happy Birthday! I think you are gorgeous! I am in the same boat that you are, I forgot what makeup and a curling iron was after I had the girls. Maybe it's time to break them out again! Hope you have a fun day!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

You look great!! Have a great day with your hubs! Jenn

Wenn said...

It does not seem like you have let yourself go! You look great!! Happy Birthday =)

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! You look great in all the pictures. I think the 2007 looks the most like your profile pic! Thanks for sharing-

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! And if this is you letting yourself go... I'd like to let myself go. :) Hope you have a wonderful birthday with your honey!

Papgena Made It said...

well, I can't congratulate you yet (here in Portugal we think that's a risk, we only congratulate someone after midnight) but I can tell you that from where I stand it doesn't seem that you left yourself go! But I think that you deserve time for you so, go girl! ;)

Melissa said...

You don't look let go to me!! But I do understand what you are saying...

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth! Hope you have a wonderful, special day!!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Happy Birthday! You are totally cute in all the pictures! :)

rebecca said...

Happy Birthday & you absolutely are not letting yourself go...you are so beautiful & of course also incredibly smart! Love you my friend & thankful that you I am blessed to know you:)

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

Happy Birthday!! you look fabulous in all the pics and you look so happy too.

Leslie said...

happy birthday to you...those pictures are great

Unknown said...

indeed, that's interesting how different you look each year. But I say the last two photos are the best!
cheers to retraining your thoughts to believe that!
:)
happy b-day!
Sylvia

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Seriously, you have not "let yourself go". You look great in all the pictures. Yes, each year you look different but each year had different experiences. Do take time for yourself and just enjoy this day. :-) Happy Birthday!

Krissy said...

You're so pretty!! Happy Birthday! Older definitely means wiser, but you don't look 33 at all!

Following you from Tuesday tag along! Hopefully you can stop by and follow us as well.

http://theartsymom.tk

Jocelyn Christensen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY FRIEND! You are loved!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You look great!

Haupi
http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

Cate Brickell said...

happy birthday! hope you had a great day!

Megan {The Brick Bungalow} said...

I just found your blog through One Pretty Thing and although I thought your pillow puppy was cute, I thought I'd find something else to post about. I don't think you're letting yourself go at all! You can see the changes over the years, sure, but there isn't anything wrong with them. I love your hair in the 2007 photo. And you're make up and everything looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails